Chapter 20 - Little Miss Obvious and Mr. Oblivious

Previously:
- it was the night of the dance
- (Y/N) went to the dance with Brenda
- When Sonya saw Brenda, it brought back some memories and the past she wanted to run away from

Chapter 20 - Little Miss Obvious and Mr. Oblivious

(Y/N) took a deep breath as she was walking towards her classroom. She knew that Newt was already here. She was a little nervous on his reaction when he ses her. She remembered seeing in the movies that when the male lead sees the female lead, they're always entranced and then they realize their love for the girl.

(Y/N) shook her head and smiled. Here she was again, making up another scenario. It wasn't like this was a scene for a movie. Plus, it was such a cliche scene. Something like that wouldn't happen to her. It was silly. It was stupid. It was—

She opened the door to their classroom, lost in thought. Then the first thing she saw was Newt in his dark blue coat and slicked back hair.

He was standing and laughing with Harriet and Minho. He didn't notice her come in. (Y/N) didn't mind that he didn't notice her. She was completely mesmerized by him to feel any disappointment at all. He was so beautiful. It was like he came straight out of a book.

"(Y/N)!"

(Y/N) turned her head and saw Teresa in a light green dress. For the first time, she saw her best friend without her usual glasses and ponytail. Teresa was wearing contacts and her dark long hair was freely flowing on her back.

"You look so beautiful!" Teresa gushed like a proud mother. "That dress is so cute!"

"Thank you, it was my mom's. You look so pretty!"

Teresa smiled and thanked her. "I saw you looking at Newt."

"Like that's new?" She teased.

"You're right," Teresa laughed. "You just looked...different. Or the way you looked at him—"

"(Y/N)!" Minho called her, cutting Teresa off.

She felt her cheeks getting warm when she realized Minho called her. That must mean that Newt already saw her as well. She turned her head and saw Newt's blue eyes on her. She felt her heart thumping on her chest.

"Hi Newt," she smiled, trying to hide her nervousness—which had nothing to do with the dance.

"Hi," Newt said. "You look really pretty."

She tried to hold herself back from squealing. But what was she going to tell him? That he looked handsome? No, that would probably expose her. But she had to pay him back a compliment as well. He called her pretty.

"Thank you. You look really nice tonight."

Did I really say that he looked nice? He called me pretty and I called him nice!

It was really not like in the movies, she laughed nervously.

"Hey we match," Newt said, her compliment passing over his head.

It took a second for her to understand what he was talking about. When she saw that he was pointing at her dress, that was when she understood. He's right, they do match sort of.

"It's a different shade of blue," she said.

"But it's still blue," Newt smiled making her face feel more hotter.

"You're right," she agreed.

(Y/N) remembered when her mother brought out the dress. She didn't expect it to be light blue, the same color of Newt's eyes. She didn't do this on purpose, but it was just simply fate. Not that she believed in that stuff.