Chapter 2 - Sorting Out Priorities

Previously:
- for the class's final exams in P.E, they need to dance a social dance as a class
- (Y/N) was given the task to lead the entire class
- She was also asked by Newt (her crush) to be his partner which she accepted

Chapter 2 - Sorting Out Priorities

April 19, 2014
(21 days to go)

It was only when (Y/N) got home that it sunk into her that not only was she Newt's partner but also the leader of an entire class. She'll lead them to dance. The thought made her nervous.

She wasn't nervous about being a leader. Well, that was part of it.

She had experience leading a group before, but there were many differences from the groups she led then and the group she'll lead now. The only difference she's worried about is that now she wasn't just focused on leading but her partner was the guy she has a crush on.

What if she doesn't make good judgement because of him?

What if she easily gets distracted?

If Newt doesn't like her romantically, she wants him to because she's herself.

But what if she couldn't act normally because of him?

She doesn't want to sacrifice her self and personality for a boy.

Why did he have to be her partner?

It was a dream come true for her at first. But thinking of the possible problems and internal conflict she'll have makes her wish that maybe it was better that he wasn't her partner.

(Y/N) had two best friends that she could go to. That was Brenda and Teresa. One would give her good advice about boys even if the only experience she had were from her fandoms. The other would let her talk about it but wouldn't give that much advice since they're not experienced with boys.

(Y/N) took out her phone and decided to call that friend who'll just listen to her and let her talk. She didn't need advice but a mental boost.

"Brenda?"

"What's wrong?" Maybe hearing the tone in her voice, Brenda knew something was troubling (Y/N). "Give it to me."

(Y/N) said what was troubling her. She started from being assigned the position as the leader then having Newt as her partner. Unlike Teresa and (Y/N), Brenda was studying in another school but she still knew who the people (Y/N) was talking about since she met them from time to time.

"Alright (Y/N), I know how much you like Newt and want to impress him, but you need to focus on your job as the leader..."

"Yeah I know."

"That's how you'll be able to impress him. Show him how much of a strong leader you are. Being a leader is your priority and being a girl trying to impress your crush is second to that list. And it's dancing right? Right up your alley."

(Y/N) froze at the mention of her dancing. She rarely talked about it and only Brenda was the only one who could talk to her about it.

"Yeah. But that was different."

"Different?"

"I was a more confident me then. Y'know, before the incident."

"You can do it. Once a dancer, always a dancer. You can lead them."

"Yeah right. No one even noticed that I'm a dancer."

"If you don't slump your shoulders and act like you did before, they will."