Chapter 14

I sigh as I look at my jacket sleeve, my thoughts focusing on my arm still wrapped in thick bandages from the emergency surgery to get the bullet out of my arm Tuesday night. It's been three days since I was forced to rest at home and honestly, I'm fucking tired of sitting around and not being able to do anything.

《 Flashback

My eyes flutter open and I'm immediately met with the harsh lights from the hospital, the heart monitor attached to my body beeping in the room. I instantly remember what happened of me passing out from seeing the blood from the bullet wound I got. I turn my head to see Jason sitting beside the bed scrolling through his phone quietly and I reach out tapping his leg to get his attention.

"You're finally awake," he says as pockets his phone. 

"How long was I out?" I ask as I push myself to sit upright. 

"About three hours. You didn't realize you were shot until after you arrested Lucas," he tells me and I do remember feeling pain in my arm but with the adrenaline running through me at that moment my mind wasn't keen on thinking about that. 

"And Lucas is here too right?" I question and he nods his head.

"Three rooms away from here under guard. We're not only arresting him with possessing drugs but also attempted murder," he tells me and I look at him perplexed.

"What are you talking about? Why are you charging him for that?" I ask, my voice with confusion.

"What do you mean why are we charging him? For the drugs or attempted murder?" he questions and he's confused like me.

"For the attempted murder," I clarify. Why would they be charging Lucas with attempted murder? It doesn't make sense. 

"Natalia, how hard did you hit your head? They didn't mention if you would have a concussion," I hear him mutter and I let out a sigh.

"I'm not fucking concussed," I say rolling my eyes.

"The guy tried to kill you, why wouldn't we arrest him for that?" he asks raising a brow.

"Uh, I don't know, maybe because Lucas isn't the one who shot me?" I ask shrugging my shoulders and his eyes widen.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Explain in ten words or less," he demands as he sits up straighter, attentive to what I have to say next.

"Lucas wasn't the one who shot me," I say repeating my words from before and he looks at me in exasperation. "Hey, you're the one who said ten words or less. But no jokes now, Lucas wasn't the one who shot me, there was someone else at the warehouse, one we obviously didn't know about."

"When I found Lucas he only had the duffle bag with him and his hands were empty when I was going to cuff him. Someone shot me from behind, I don't know who it was since they ran away but I can one hundred percent say it wasn't Lucas."

"That means when he was trying to run away from you, whoever was with him passed him the gun to make it look like he's the one who shot you," he says as he pieces the information together.