Chapter 23

"You guys have everything down?" I ask Jax and Mickey.

"She was working in your division and she was contacted by the people you're looking for in the case you're working on," Jax replies and I hear the sound of him checking the rounds in his gun.

"I heard she went after you at your home," Mickey comments.

"You heard right," I answer. "And she better be here and not at one of the other houses," I say muttering the last part though from Nash's laughter I know he heard me. The house location is in a more rural area of Toronto; we're driving through the neighbourhood and approximately every hundred meters we pass by a home it's like the spaces between the houses continue to grow. Nash slows down in front of the address and I check the time, five minutes until twelve. Mickey parks his car behind Nash's and we all get out of the cars walking up to the front door. I leave Nash to check in with the other precincts while I check my gun and fix my bulletproof vest.

"Nash and Mickey, you two take the front. Jax and I will take the back," I tell the three of them. Between the four of us, Nash and I have the most experience for shit like this so it's best we split up like this.

"Alright, be careful you two," Nash tells us though his eyes linger on mine a moment longer, no doubt I know he's more worried for me.

"You guys too, let's go Jax," I tell him as I lead him around the house, our bodies staying close to the siding. I slowly inch forward, my head peeking around the corner to look at the back porch before I hear Nash's voice announcing who he is and a loud banging on the door before it's broken down.

That's our cue to move in. We step around back and the next thing we hear is yelling coming from inside and we watch the backdoor slam open as a person runs out. My lips turn into a feral grin when I see the person who starts running. My legs start pumping as I run in the snow, following her into the forest behind the property.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going Aurora? You really didn't think it was just two people here for you?" I call out and when she hears my voice I can see her body pushing to run faster away from us. Jax is beside me as we run and I watch as she stumbles, foot catching onto something as it slows her down a bit. I don't waste a single second as we close in on her and I throw my body tackling her into the snow. My only miscalculation is that I miss the ridge leading to the lower part of the forest and we roll down the hill, our bodies breaking the branches from the bushes around us until we stop at the bottom of the ground.

I'm disoriented for a moment before I feel a solid punch landing on my face and I shout out at the impact. But I'm quick to follow as I raise my body and headbutt her back hard. I get my own punch in retaliation and I hear the crunch of her nose bone before blood starts gushing down her face. I wipe the blood from my split lip as she yells and scrambles back from me as she reaches into her jacket whipping out a knife.

"Natalia! Is everything okay down there?" Jax shouts from above.

"Yeah, don't come down here, I'll be fine," I yell back to him.

"I didn't kill you last time but this time I'll make sure of it," she snarls.

"You know I can't take you seriously with all that blood dripping down your face," I laugh coldly as she thrusts the knife in my direction. I grab onto her arm holding the knife, the front of her jacket and with all the strength in my body, I throw her over my shoulder. She gasps as her back forcefully hits the ground and I twist her hand dislodging the knife from her grip.

"Let go of me bitch!" she shouts as she struggles to push me back but I forcefully turn her around, my knee on her back as I grab her other arm, pull out a pair of cuffs and the sound of the cuff clicking in place is the only sound we hear besides our heavy breathing. I get off of her, turning her on her back as she glares up at me, the blood from her nose smeared across her face.