Chapter 36

"How's your leg feeling?" Nash asks as he stops his car in front of Charlotte's house. The two of us came to pick up Jade so that the three of us could go to the hospital afterward and see Julia. 

"It's fine, I don't feel any pain right now. Whatever they prescribed for me to take home is doing its job so I'm not complaining," I reply. I've gotten on my loosest pair of sweatpants that I own, a thick black pair that makes me look like I'm swimming in them. Now that the case is officially coming to a close and the threat of someone coming after me has passed, I was finally able to go back to my apartment. 

It felt nice to be able to go back to my place the downside was having to clean since it's been vacant for a while. Luckily I have a man who made sure to clean my apartment for me while all I had to do was the supervision though it's not like I'm complaining. Nash decided the best thing to wear to clean was wearing sweats only so I shamelessly stared at his abs, arms, back muscles and his ass every time he bent over; everything about him is just sexy. And of course he was loving the attention, it was obvious when he'd be flexing on purpose. 

"I made sure to tell them to give you the good stuff, can't have you suffering in pain beautiful," he says and I lean over the console to pull him in for a kiss. 

"Thank you for taking good care of me," I tell him as I pull back from the kiss. He takes the hand on his cheek and kisses my palm, smouldering eyes meeting mine.

"Always," he replies and my face heats from how sweet he can be. "You ready to go?" he asks and I open my door in response. I wait for him to get out and grab my crutches before coming to my side of the car. I take his hand as he pulls me out, handing me my crutches as I stabilize myself while he closes the door.

"Alright, let's go," I say and I feel a little dread while looking at the long driveway. As if reading my thoughts Nash looks over at me in question but I shake my head. He already offered on our way here to carry me but I need to get used to using crutches though I won't deny it feels weird using them. "You didn't tell them I was coming right?" I ask Nash as we walk to the door. Well, more like Nash is doing the walking while I slowly hobble behind him with my crutches. 

"I didn't tell them anything except that I'd be coming by to pick up Jade to visit her mom before bringing her back here since they still think I'm with you at the hospital," he explains as we stop in front of the door. I've been back home for the last two days recuperating and setting doctor appointments for my knee.

The only person who knows I'm back is Jason for obvious reasons. Nash rings the doorbell and we only wait a couple of seconds for it to open, Jax's face greeting ours. His eyes widen when he sees me since he was also kept out of the loop of my return.

"Where's everyone?" l ask as he lets us inside.

"Living room, the kids are finishing their homework," Jax answers as l walk past him.

"Jax, is that Nash?" l hear Charlotte ask.

"Nash is here?" l make out Jade's voice asking in return. Jax is just closing the door behind us as Jade walks into the foyer and the minute her eyes land on me, she lets out a shriek and runs towards me. If Nash wasn't standing behind me to catch me, I would have fallen over to the ground.

"Someone's excited to see me," I laugh as I wrap my arms around Jade.

"You're finally home," she exclaims as her arms tighten around my waist.

"What's going on?" Camryn asks in alarm when she hears Jade's raised voice. When she sees me she has the same reaction as Jade, eyes widening in surprise. "Girls, guess who's here?" 

"Don't tell me she just showed up here without telling us that she was released," Victoria jokes.

"You shouldn't be surprised, at this point you can expect anything from me," I reply as she and Charlotte come into view.