Chapter 5

"I don't think Nash will be able to keep his eyes off of you," Victoria comments as she looks at me from video chat. It's close to midnight and I'm just finishing getting ready for the club we're heading to tonight. I look at my straightened brown hair, lined eyes, and red lipstick painted on my lips. Gold threader earrings loop through my first two piercings and small gold hoops are on my cartilage piercings. A simple gold multi-layered necklace sits around my neck; besides the studs and hoops, it's strange wearing much nicer jewelry than normal.  

"He better not focus on me since we have work to do," I retort as I touch up my lipstick. Luckily for me, I didn't have to do any shopping. I just browsed through my closet and stumbled across a dress I bought a couple of months ago but never had the chance to wear. A scarlet bandage dress with a low plunge that shows enough of my cleavage but not too much that it would be distasteful. 

It has a low back, the length of the dress stopping at the middle of my thighs. It shapes my ass and shows off my figure; even I have to admit I look really good. With it being sleeveless it's one of the rare chances my tattoos are seen. To end my look I pair it with red strappy heels which I'll put on when I reach the precinct and a set of green-coloured contacts; I'll look like a whole new person for the next couple of hours. For now, I'm sticking with my combat boots, I'd rather not have my toes fall off tonight.

"I bet you'll be attracting other guys tonight," she chuckles.

"Well, if that happens, hopefully they'll be useful with information," I tell her as I fix my straightened hair.

"Good luck, I'm hoping nothing bad goes down," she says to me as I shrug on my coat. Fuck, this is not the weather for a short dress, fingers-crossed I don't freeze tonight.

"Thanks, I'll talk to you later," I tell her with a wave before hanging up. I sift through my wallet for my i.d cards placing them in my phone holder which I'll give Nash to hold onto it since there's no way I'm carrying any sort of bag. I leave the lamps in my apartment on before walking out, locking the door behind me. 

We're meeting at the precinct first to go over everything and we'll probably carpool to the club. I walk across the lobby before stopping at the front door, looking outside as I muster the will to step out. It snowed earlier in the day and it wasn't too bad but since it's night the temperature dropped again, last I checked it was below minus twenty. I sigh as I push the door open and take one step, a blast of cold wind going across me. 

"You're already outside Natalia, only another twenty steps to your car. Fuck this, we better get something tonight," I mutter to myself as I quickly cross the parking lot to my car. I get inside and turn the engine while turning on the heat, my teeth chattering from the cold. I really don't like winter, I'd rather be wrapped in something warm with a hot drink.

It takes me fifteen minutes to drive to the precinct, the late-night music from my radio filtering through the car. I turn into the parking lot and park as close as I can to the door, the faster I can get inside the better. I walk inside the precinct and the officers that are here at night immediately turn to me, the shock is clear as day as their eyes linger on my body as I walk past them.

"Sorry I'm late," I call out as I walk into my division's office.

"Don't worry about that Natalia, we were just-" Nash's words get cut off when he looks up from his phone and sees me walk in. Even Felix looks a little speechless when he sees me and Aurora, it looks like she just sucked on a lemon. She has her chestnut-coloured hair rolling in waves past her shoulders, heavy makeup caked on her face, a fitted black dress and heels. If she's having this type of reaction then I'm assuming neither men thought much of what she was wearing when she arrived.