37. Someday You Will Ache Like I Ache

Start from the beginning

I smiled and we hugged, as Anne gave us a moment alone. After cleaning his tears, and chat a little, Anne returned some moments later, and she gave us the due date that was going to be mid-July; we talked about the place where I was going to give birth, and she gave us the option of Seattle or California, so we chose California.

After the appointment, we went back home to pack some stuff, since we were going off to California that very same day, to take some stuff to our house. I didn't feel the flight because I slept the whole journey, and by the time we were about to land, Eddie woke me up as I was in a bad mood.

To be in our San Diego place was excellent, the house wasn't very big, but the view of the beach from the large window, the sound of the waves crashing into the rocks and the light sea breeze that you could catch from the balcony was everything.

"What are you doing here?" Eddie purred in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my almost non-existent waist.

"You know I love to be here"

"Yeah... but I have a surprise for you" He said and I turned around immediately.

"What is it?" I asked, full of curiosity.

"Well, let's go in" He said and took my hand, as we walked inside the house.

"Alright, now... just trust me"

"Wha-?" But my question was cut off as he placed his hands on my eyes to cover them, as I started to walk thanks to his directions.

I recognized by the space, that we were going through the large corridor that lead to the bedrooms, and suddenly we stopped, as I heard Eddie opening a door.

"Alright, let's get in" He said softly and soon he removed his hands from my eyes, but I remained with my eyes closed.

"Now... open them" He told me, and soon I found myself tearful.

"This is... this is perfectly gorgeous" I said, as I couldn't stop my tears anymore.

It was the nursery room for our baby, that was decorated in a pastel shade of yellow, with a crib, a rocking chair, other furniture, things for the baby and stuffed toys among other things; it was beautifully decorated, just like I imagined, so I was more than pleased with this.

"You like it?" Eddie asked shyly.

I turned around and kissed him passionately, and then hugged him tight.

"Thanks" I said, still hugging him.

"I want everything to be perfect for my two love of my life" He said and I just smiled.

"By the way, you have to thank Cece and my mom too... I asked them for ideas for the room and they suggested a couple of the things you're seeing here. And also, you have to thank Stone, Jeff and Mike because they helped me to bring the stuff and decorate"

"Wow... I'll definitely thank them when I see them" I said smiling. "But... When did you...?"

"In February, when we had the gig here... remember?"

"Ohhh yeah" I said, remembering that trip they did to San Diego for a special gig.

"You guys are awesome. I love you"

"I love you more" I said as we closed the gap with a kiss.

Two days later he flew to Atlanta, since he had to continue with the tour, and was worried for leaving me alone, but I told him I could take care of myself, and that I was going to return to Seattle soon; however, before leaving California I decided to pay a visit to a dear friend, so, the same morning that Eddie left, I took the car and drove almost 2 hours (counting the traffic) until I reached Los Angeles.