Chapter 5

Third Person POV

"Hey Irra?" Virgil called as he put his hand under the bed.

He felt someone grab his hand and bite his fingers. "Fucker it's not a dream." He said as he took his hand back.

Virgil scooted back. Irra crawled out from under the bed and tackled him. "Virgil!" He cried into his chest.

"And Remus." The duke said softly as he sat next to Virgil. Irra looked at him and smiled. "Dukey!" He cried as he pulled him into a hug.

"Where were you? I was supposed to be let out a month ago! Does Janus hate me now? Did he let Patton finally win the argument of not letting me out?" He asked, rambling with questions. "Are you all here to say goodbye because you'll never see me again?" He teared up.

"Hey, I know we are late. I'm sorry about that. No Patton didn't win. Janus is sick and we need your help with it." Virgil answered as he wiped Irra's tears.

"J-Jan is sick? You want my help?" Irra asked.

"Yes. You know all his secrets, therefore you would be wise to go to." Logan said.

Irra clung to Virgil. "Who's that Vee? Why does he look like a nerd? Why does he stand so tall? Why does he talk funny?" He asked. "Can we stick his hand in a blender?"

"IRRA!" Patton yelled, scolding him for the idea and for the (in his opinion) inappropriate questions about Logan.

Irra whimpered, not daring to look at Patton. "I'm sorry dad! I didn't mean to say that!" He said quickly before covering his mouth.

"Irra. It's okay." Virgil said calmly. Irra shook his head. "Dad is gonna make you all leave and lock me away again because I said a bad idea. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He mumbled as he scratched his head quickly, making his hair a mess.

Remus and Virgil had to hold his hands down so he doesn't hurt himself.

Logan went over to Irra and sat in front of him. "I am Logan. I represent logic. I talk this way because I use grammatically correct phrasing when I speak. I stand tall because it is better for my back. I look like a nerd because that's just how I dress." Logan explained slowly and clearly.

"What would a human cadaver look like after it was covered in melted lead and Mercury?" Irra blurted out before covering his mouth.

"S-Sorry dad. Mistakes to myself I know." Irra said.

Logan looked at Patton. "We need to talk." He told him sternly.

Patton swallowed hard and nodded. Patton knew he was in trouble.

Roman went over and sat next to Logan. "Greetings! I am Roman." He smiled.

Irra tilted his head and looked between Roman and Remus. "Are you both brothers? Are you a duke too?" He asked.

Roman shook his head. "Yes I am Remus' twin in fact. I am not a duke, but a prince. Here to rescues damsels in destress and fight villains!" He proclaimed proudly in his prince voice.

Irra smiled. "Oh cool! Do you kill the villains? If so how long does it take you too clean the blood and guts off your sword?" Irra asked.

"Oh wait sorry. That's a bad question. Never mind it." Irra said quickly as he caught the glare Patton gave.

"No no. It's alright. It takes an hour or two if I have to kill them. If I don't I give them to Remus to kill, or do whatever he does with them." Roman informed.

"Whoa! Can I see?" Irra asked smiling like a little kid. Roman chuckled and looked to Logan. "For a few minutes? Please Logan?"

Logan sighed. "How about this, Irra takes a look at Janus, so he can try and figure out what is wrong? As I figure out what to do, you can show Irra." He offered.

Irra and the others nodded. "Perfect." Logan said with a soft smile.