19.1

*Strong Hearts Together Special Episode

We were seated across each other; us, the male idols in one couch at the right side of the hosts and the females on their left side. We started off introducing ourselves then the hosts pulled the reigns from there on.

After a series of back and forth talk between the guests and the hosts, the show came to a point where the hosts questioned us about dating as idols.

This was already in the guide that was given to us, so it was not a surprise. Although we were warned by our managers to keep our answers vague as possible. The topic of idols dating was obviously so sensitive that it is still considered a taboo in this industry. And I'm kind of fed up with this idea.

Why the fuck can we not date? Is it like a silent rule that was inscribed in an invisible rule book of being an idol? Ridiculous, stupid, and selfish. I silently scoffed.

The hosts promised to keep it as light as possible to not cause issues and maybe just to put some spice on the show. Because when can they have a bunch of idols again to be on their show? A rare sight indeed.

"So, let me ask you. Have you all dated before? Or is it still prohibited? Knowing all of you are of age." Yoo Jae Suk, a renowned host, asked generally.

"Suho-ssi? Would you like to start it off?" Jun Hyun Moo, one of the hosts of the show prodded.

"Uhh, yeah. Sure. Um... yes, I've dated before." Suho started.

A series of "oohs" came from both the hosts and guests.

"Were you already an idol?" HyunMoo curiously probed.

"Uhh, I would rather not tell." Suho laughed.

"Eyyy!! Which means, there is a probability. Right? Because if it was before you've become an idol, you would have flatly said no." The hosts teased. Suho just kept on smiling-laughing and waving his hands to contradict what the hosts said.

"No timeline, to make it more mysterious." Suho replied laughingly.

"Okay, okay. Let us say, hypothetically, you've dated during your early years as an idol. What were the obstacles you had to face? And would you be open to dating again?" Jae Suk questioned.

"Uhh, of course, it was quite difficult. If it were during the early days of our career, we probably wouldn't have time for dating and such, but it definitely did cross our minds. With the agency's rules and our fans who look up to us...it is a bit tough to handle. But as growing adults, it could not be looked over. As we have started out training at such a young age, we really couldn't do what we wanted because of all the trainings and schedules... but we do also want to explore that side of life. The feeling of having someone loving and supporting you aside from your family and your fans. Also, the feeling of having to like someone, someone to dote on, yeah."

"Yahhhh, jinja! That was deep." The hosts chorused.

"Plus, the experience could pass up as an inspiration for our performances and songs." Suho playfully added.

The hosts and idols nodded in agreement and chimed in their approval to the statement of Suho.

"What happened to you and the one you've dated before?" Jo Se Ho, a famous comedian/host probed.

Suho was a bit a startled but still politely answered, "Well, uh, I think I was too caught up with practices and work with the businesses within my family, I really couldn't take care of her. So, yeah, I guess that's why we..." Suho trailed off. And I noticed as he was talking, he kept on glancing at Chorong who was just right across from him, fiddling with her fingers and looking down at her lap. I slightly squinted my eyes looking at Suho. I'm really gonna drill this out of him.