13

The fear of being left alone must have eaten your soul bit by bit and yet I was the monster who made you feel that way~ 

"Wait!"

I grabbed her arm before she was too far away to reach. I grabbed her and held on tight before she broke away from my grasp. 

"Wait. Just wait." I huffed from my small jog towards her in the hallway after our script reading was done not too long ago. 

I swallowed before speaking, mustering the courage to talk to her. She turned around to face me, her eyes wild, frantically looking around us and trying to break free her arm that I was holding. 

That I should have held on no matter what.

"Please." I pleaded. 

"What do you think you're doing? There are too many people watching! I don't want any issues coming out before I have even started the drama." She rambled, wriggling her arm away while still frantically looking everywhere but at me. 

I loosened my hold on her but not totally releasing her arm. 

"Could you just spare me a minute?" 

She finally looked at me. Void of any emotion. Trying to contain any reaction that I might misinterpret of her giving me a chance. I can hear the wheels in her mind turning and clacking, trying to come up with a plan, an escape or probably something to retort back at me. 

I internally sighed gratefully when she slowly nodded still void of any emotion. Telling me silently she was just being polite but not in any way, giving me a chance I so desperately wanted. 

"Thank you." 

Now, the hallway was already practically empty. Most of the staff have already left and both of our managers would probably be here any minute. I could have dragged her into an empty room but I didn't want to add fuel to the fire that was already dangerously burning a blue flame. So, the practically empty hallway is as private as an empty room could give us. 

But the words got caught at my tongue and suddenly I feel like I'm out of breath once again. I swallowed hard and exhaled slowly. 

"We-- I-- It's great seeing you again." I stuttered and paused for a second to compose myself again.

"I guess we're going to see more of each other, now that we'll be working together. And uh--" 

"Don't worry. I won't get in your way. If that's what you were worried about. You definitely made yourself clear the last time and I don't need a reminder. And just so you know, I didn't know you will be in this drama and if I knew, I wouldn't have accepted it. I am not a fool to want to experience that again. So, if that's all, I should probably get out of your way. Your manager is prolly on his way and I really don't want him to get the wrong idea."