23

Despite the pain that has been felt, I realized I love you more than ever.

~~

Spring has gone its way and the leaves has now turned yellow in its stead. I already miss the flowers in bloom but autumn speaks of another truth. Yes, it does ---- that every beautiful thing in life falls, dies, stepped on, and suffers a great deal in the cold and dark. As they say, the truth is not always beautiful but it is the truth. I shrugged my slim shoulders and thought that the weather doesn't bother me anyway. I'm quite happy these past three months as I can't seem to put away my smile. My girls think I'm a lunatic getting excited every time my phone rings. I guess I'm that unbothered.

<3오빠: Did you get the flowers?

I looked at my side where a bouquet of red tulips lay at the kitchen counter. I slightly shook my head, foolishly smiling as I typed my reply.

I did! I love it! <3 How did you even get this? It is not even spring anymore...

<3오빠: Anything for you, my love

Heat spread across my cheeks and neck, I couldn't help but giggle. I typed and sent him a reply.

<3<3

<3오빠: I love you even more

<3오빠: Can I video call?

I gasped as my phone suddenly disappeared from my hands. With a deadpan look on her face, Bomi hid my phone at her back and said, "I've been calling you for awhile now. And I've got a loud voice, you know." She gave a me a mischievous look. My phone suddenly rang. My eyes went wide as saucers. I was obviously taller than them but Bomi was fast and the girls decided to gang up on me. Chorong took the phone from Bomi then threw it at Eunji. When Eunji caught it, Bomi and Chorong was laughingly hugging me and blocking my way, that I couldn't reach her in time, when she swiped to answer the video call.

"Hi!!!" Eunji exclaimed.

"Yahhh!!! Unnie!! Andwaee!" I shouted and struggled to break free from their grasps.

"Yes, how are you? Well she's doing fine, but she is being a bit naught-----"

I finally freed myself from the tight grasps of Bomi and Chorong and ran for dear life grabbing my phone from Eunji unnie when I heard a burst of laughter from both the screen and from the couch. I frowned as I looked at my phone and saw the mocking face of one of most annoying person aside from the girls who just had stolen my phone.

Namjoo sat at the couch sniggering with her phone.

"Unnie!!!" I exasperatedly stomped my foot and rolled my eyes. "Stop teasing me, you guys!"

They all huddled on the couch and just continued laughing.

"Did you see her face?" Naeun laughingly said.

"She really looked scared at that moment." Namjoo snickered.

"That's what you get when you don't answer when you're called, my loveee." Eunji mocked.

"What? How did you---? Did you read my messages?" I gasped.

"Girl, we live in the same house, I can hear his voice when you video call, you might consider wearing, oh I don't know, earphones?" Namjoo rolled her eyes.

"Oh god, sometimes I ran into one of their conversations and it just makes me puke with all the cutesy." Chorong looking mortified as she remembers.