Love on the Battlefield; Part 3

The titans were bringing down Fort Reiss. I don't know how many stood outside, but it was enough to cause a tremendous panic amongst us soliders.

     The titan in the window didn't move. Its eye just wondered. Maybe if I stay still. The titan's eye disappeared. I slowly moved away from the window. Then took off into a sprint as I heard something big heading towards the wall. SMASH! A titan had broken a part of the fort. Boulders and pebbles came flying over head. I ran as far as I could before a large stone bashed me in the back of the head. I started to slow down. My own pulse echoed in my head. My vision became blurry. I could see the outline of soliders running past me. And as I collapsed I saw the boots of a solider walking towards me. Then.... everything went black.

     I'm dead. I didn't survive. "Yes, you did," a voice calls out to me. I know that voice. I open my eyes to find Captain Levi lying next to me. "Where are we," I ask. He leans over me and seductively outlines my lips. "Where ever you want to be." I close my eyes and I feel him closing in on me. His lips began to touch mine when he whispered, "Wake up."

      I shot up and sat straight. My breathing was erratic and my head hurt. What the hell was that? I ran my hand along the bandages wrapped around my head, trying to make sense of my dream. "Try not to move." I searched for the source of the stern voice. This time it was the real Captain Levi. He was wiping blood off his hands. Titan blood should just evaporate. Unless... I reached for the back of my head and felt that my hair was wet with blood. Levi walked over and glared at me. "Your head got hit with a rock. I didn't see any signs of internal bleeding, so I bandaged your head and thought I'd let you rest."

     I looked around only seeing the dense forest of trees. "Where is everyone else," I ask hesitantly. "I'm not sure, between the rain and the titans none of us could see very much. I don't imagine we're spread out too far though. I'll fire a signal flare when the rain lightens up." Levi explained. So... we're alone. I got a bit red faced thinking the thoughts I was. I drifted off a bit. Maybe that dream could come true. Hehehehe. NO! Nock it off (y/n). We're on a mission. "Hey, (y/n)." Levi's voice interrupted my thoughts. He squatted down to my eye level and asked, "What were you dreaming about?" My blush went a little out of control. How could he know what I was dreaming!? Or even that I was dreaming? I froze a bit as Levi leaned in closer. He placed a hand next my waist and then followed through with the opposite leg. He crawled towards me until he was so close we were sharing each other's breath. "Did it go something like this," he whispered before placing his lips on mine.

     I sank in the feeling of our kiss. This time it was real. And it was even better than the dream. I heard thunder rumble in the distance. Levi pressed his lips against mine harder. I did the same. Soon we were fighting for dominance with our mouths. In the end... he won. Levi slid a hand up my back and held my head. He laid me back down on the large tree banch. I felt him begin to pull away. No, please don't.  I cupped my hands around his handsome face and pulled him back in. Soon, I ran out of air and released him. Our I eyes locked together. Panting, and without  looking away he took off my uniform jacket and laid it aside. Then he begun unbuttoning my shirt. Levi practically ripped it off.  He then went for the ODM gear harnesses.  I laid, silently, waiting for his next move.

     Levi stared at me for a moment. I turned my head to look away. He cupped a hand on my cheek, and his once steel eyes became filled with a pleading desire. "Don't look away," he told me sincerely. He took off his cloak and tossed it aside. "I love you." Levi kissed me again... and again, and again, and again. His lips were so soft and just his touch was intoxicating. I removed his jacket, then harnesses, then shirt, then boots, and then pants. He laced my skin with his lips. Again I heard another blast of thunder, but I ignored it. All that mattered was us. All that mattered was that we were together. Finally.

     After some time we finally gave out. Tired, and yet yearning for more. The storm had died down to a mere mist. I laid on Levi's chest and ran a finger down its center. I kissed his collarbone and neck as he ran his fingers through my hair. I worked my way up to his jawline and then to his mouth. I paused.  "I love you," I admitted. I snuggled around him and felt him hold me tighter. "With all my heart." Levi kissed my forehead. "I love you too," he said.

     As we enjoyed the feel of one another we heard a signal flare shot, not far in the distance. Levi rolled his eyes. Neither of us wanted to ruin the moment by getting dressed, or leaving. But, we didn't want anyone to see us without our clothes on, so we unwillingly got dressed.

     Not to far away I heard Hangi calling, "Levi! (y/n)! Are you guys out there?" I flagged her towards us. "Over here Hangi!" Hangi quickly flew our way. She rushed over and held me tightly. "Oh, (y/n)! Thank goodness you're okay! I thought I lost another friend," she whined. I patted her back sympathetically. "I'm okay, Hangi. Levi saved me." He glared at us looking like he could care less, but I know he did. "Oooo, is that because you like her," Hangi said smugly pointing at him. Levi walked over. "Yeah." And wrapped his arms around me as he said,  "I do." He took me gently and kissed me right in front of Hangi.

     For the rest of the week all I heard from Hangi was questions about what had happened on the mission. She begged for the juicy details. All I told her was that, 'We realized our true feelings for each other.' But the thing I remember best about that day, and I think he did too, was that we had found love on the battlefield. A place of bloodshed, fear, tears. But in that awful place splattered with the bodies of soliders, we had found love.