Blood Lusting; Part 3

It had been two weeks since he had been gone. Everday I thought about him. His soft touch and intoxicating kiss. I yearned to feel his presence once more, just as I yearned to be free of men's commands and condescending glares. Every howl that rang through prison clawed at my heart. It felt as if a snake was binding around my chest. Why? Why I wonder. I wondered why this strange emotion hurt so badly. In my life I've never felt something like this before. A hurricane was raring in my heart! At the sound of, L-, I'd grip my chest in pain. This whole I my heart was not the only pain though. Once father realized he had escaped things to a turn for the worst.

The prisoners' punishments had been intensified. More blood, more sweat, more death. The howls were relentless! And so was my father.... All I could do I is listen from my bed and try to deafen my ears. I gritted my fangs and prayed the shrieks would stop! But they wouldn't! Every moment they grew louder and more hateful and more pain filled! I couldn't bear the guilt much longer without going insane. I felt as if I was rocking between total madness and complete misery. Levi had left me, I was the one who set him free, and now the lycanthrope were being punished for my selfish actions. I want to pay my debt to the lycanthrope. I owe them so much more now, but to do so I would have to abandon the life I've been living for the past 3,000 years. I would have to venture.... to the Black Forest.

With my sights on the shadowy trees in the distance I crept to the outside world. With nothing but the clothes on my back and a yearning desire for justice in my heart. All along I have been using the lycanthrope for my personal game. Just to change my tranquil life. But all these centuries I've been complaining, I should have been grateful. Grateful that I didn't have to suffer like they do. Grateful that the hardest part of my life was getting someone to listen. Grateful that I didn't have to fight for my freedom. Even if I'm not completely free. I know that coming here would be a tough task, and the lycanthrope would most likely attack me, but..... I have to find him. I want to see him again. And I have to in order to save the imprisoned.

I walk over branches and boulders and sneak past trees. The misty air feels cold against my pale skin. The dark sky was created by the black leaves above. And the gaps between the branches were filled with thick fog. The forest felt like a prison, and the roof was caving in. A faint trail was dug into the earth. I followed it the best I could. Feeling the barren line with my toes. I pursued the trail for some time. Hearing howls growing closer and the clashing of skill against skill. I quietly poked my head through the fog, and in my sights was a tribe of lycanthrope. Easily a hundred just at a first glance. I saw one suddenly sniff the air, more followed his lead. A snarl and a growl echoed in the canopy. Eyes all turned my direction and those eyes leapt, burning with hatred. Blues, greens, browns, thousands, diving towards me, claws flexed and teeth bared. My golden eyes shook with fear and my body became stiff and heavy. I can't run. If I run there was no point of coming. I stood proudly. Chin up, eyes closed, and arms to my side.

I will not harm a lycanthrope, those words rang in my head. My promise. I will not break my promise. I waited for bites, and claws, and the agony of being ripped apart. But I never felt it. After a moment of silence I opena ed my eyes. My heart beated for the first time in weeks. A smile crept across my face and my golden eyes lit up. Levi had saved me. He stood in front of me, staring down the pack. Letting them know that he was in charge right now. "Are you alright?" he asked.
"Yes."
"They didn't harm you, did they?"
"No, no. I'm fine."
"All of you, calm down," he barked viciously! Sending a chill up my spine. The pack shouted and argued amongst themselves. I heard many shouts directed at me. Kill her! Death to the vampire! Tear open her guts! Though their heartfelt threats pierced my ears I was not afraid. My heart beat was slow, my breathing was calm and I wasn't sure why. Was it because, he was with me? Was it Levi's presence?

He peered over his shoulder and stared at me. My heart gasped and jerked out of my chest! Or at least that's what it felt like. He turned to me and took my hands in his. His hands were so warm and rough from prowling through the forest. "What are you doing here?" He inquired. My mind went blank as we locked eyes. My legs quivered and I didn't have an answer to his question. "I wanted to.... I wanted-" Silence filled the air as I heard the faint echo of hooves galloping in the near distance. I turned to see an army marching this way. It was in that moment I realized that no mater what I do from this point on.... it's going to be a mistake.