Blood Lusting; Part 4

An army approaches. Coming for me. I hear the thundering stamps of hooves beat the ground. Snarls and barks drown out the sound of clattering armor. As I turn to Levi I see that he is already preparing his troops. A bloodbath is in the near future and it's my fault. Why the lycanthrope are powerful they are no match for an entire army of vampires. Closer death comes by every second. This is what I get for taking a gamble. I knew that this decision would lead to blood, and war, and violence, but I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I've toyed with the lives of others for my own selfish game. Silver tears crawled down my cheeks. My fangs cut my lip and I whimpered to myself as black blood seeped out. I tasted it on my tongue. Bitter. Foul. Decayed. My blood had sat still for so long that it was thick and clotted.
     "Princess, you need to leave. A battlefield is no place for a lady," Levi told me. I dried my tears, licked the blood away, and said, "I have been on many a battlefields before. This one shall be no different. Besides, there will be no battle." Levi didn't smile or give me any sort of trusting look, he just turned towards the bounding beat. Inch by inch the horses marched. Nearing the tribe of lycanthrope awaiting to attack them. In rows the soliders lined up behind me. Far as the eye could see. All bearing their fangs and arched to the ground, ready to pounce. Soon, silver armor came shining through the trees. The Northern army had arrived. Three by three they entered the village. Except for the vampire in front. General Rod Reiss. A maniack. He was short and stout. A nervous wreck and to top it all of he had a Hitler mustache. Apparently my father did care enough about me to send a real general.
     Reiss nervously raised his sword at Levi. Steam catching in his facial hair as the cold chilled his armor. "You. Beast! Release the princess to us, or we shall slay every last one of you!" His oily, slow voice rang deaf in the pointed ears of the lycanthrope. Levi took a step forward and sneered at Reiss and his soliders. "Are you sure about that? It seems that you are barely able to hold that sword. So how do you plan to kill an entire clan of lycanthrope?"
     "Do not doubt me creature! I am a high ranking general, and unless you heed my command, you will perish!"
     "I have a hard time believing that. Because, you see, the princess will be staying with us! She is more welcomed and cared for here than she ever was at that castle! I listen to her! I hear her! Her heart, though it has no sound, beats the same as mine! I will sacrifice countless men, even myself if it means she doesn't have to be a prisoner anymore!"
     Thump... My heart beated for him at that moment, and I knew he could hear it. He would sacrifice anything just for me. At the beginning I would have too. I would do anything just to see a change, and I'd do it for myself. I'd destroy the place that he says will care for me. A place where I could create a new home with him. I had just arrived minutes ago, and although Levi was the only one who wanted me here, I felt like I could stay forever. If I told him my thoughts, my feelings I knew he'd listen. Levi was quiet and listened to me when we first met. He payed attention then, and he definitely needed to now.
     I tighted a first and grew out my fangs. I met Reiss' quivering eyes. I maybe be a princess, but that does not mean I am powerless. I am a the daughter of the kind of the North. Vampires shutter at the echo of his voice, and they shall fall at thee bellow of mine. Reiss saw my anger and could only beg. "Princess, do you really believe this foul beast? Does his words ring true for you? Would you abandon your father, your people, your undead life just to stay in this miserable forest with him?"
     The winds carried the silence. Sending a chill down my spine. I hissed like a snake, lashing out at a predator. "Yes, I would." I turned to Levi, who was watching in shock. I smiled at him before continuing. "But, it is for that reason that I will return to the castle. I don't want to be the cause of a pointless battle. I don't want to gamble anymore. I realize that all it does is cause pain. Levi, I don't want to cause you, or your people, any pain. So, I must return. I promise you this though, I will never forget you. Every time my heart is quiet I'll think of you. Every time I can recall the warmth of a living body, I will remember you. So please, take comfort knowing that."
     Levi's shallow breathing rang in my ears, and as I looked to his eyes I felt myself cringe inside. His eyes were bursting with sorrow. Their beautiful blue color had vanished and filled itself with grey instead. A color of longing, sadness, disbelief. I climbed onto the back of Reiss' horse. His men turned to leave all at once. The banging of metal, whispers of the wind, the squishing of mud under hooves became nothing more than muffled noise in my mind. "Lets go, princess," Reiss said as he kicked the thigh of his horse. While the chilled air blew through my hair and the village got smaller and smaller, a teardrop weaved in and out of the breeze, finding it's way to Levi's cheek. The tear stained him and as he wiped it away is saw him shed one, single tear himself. Before the trees and mist hid my lips I whispered to him, "I love you."