Chapter XIV: Destiny

The Night

Chapter XIV: Destiny

---

Jan 8th 2027

In that moment, Roxas swore his heart stopped.

Possibly a million thoughts engulfed his consciousness in a split second, heavy and uncontrollable like an oil spill. He looks at Sora out of the corner of his eye, the vampire completely unknowing of their doom.

There's no way Sora can shift them any further, and where would they even go? It's not like he can tell the vampire to do it either. Unless they could teleport far, far away from the headquarters, there's no explanation. There's no escape.

Before Roxas can even comprehend another thought, the mysterious voice says, "As you wi--"

Just then, a jittering chime screeches inside the room. "It's a small world after all!"

A ringtone?

"Excuse me, Mirror. Allow me to take this call first."

"It's a small, small wor--"

"Hello, XI. ...yes. I put out the call because there were reports of paranormal activity and a ghost-like entity running across the city. ...yes, I'd guessed Roxas and Sora had been chasing it, but I've yet to hear a report. Normally they're quick to call things in... were they? ...certainly. Thank you, XI." There's a breif pause, then Xemnas says, "It seems I will not require your assistance tonight, Mirror."

"As you wish, Superior."

A moment later, the metal can be heard sliding once more, and with one last click it's closed again.

Roxas leans his head out just a little more to peek into the room. When he sees that the coast is clear, he gives a little nod to Sora. They come tumbling out of the wall, and now it's the vampire's turn to be rasping for air.

"I guess..." He gasps, "This is good practice...?"

Roxas adjusts their positions so he's leaning over the vampire, balancing himself on one hand as the other pulls down his cloak to expose his collarbone. Sora sits up and his teeth easily sink into Roxas' flesh. The vampire guzzles the liquid happily, his strength returning in an instant. When he's satisfied (albeit he's never truly satisfied with Roxas' blood), he pops his mouth of the blond's neck and leaves a string of kisses up to XIII's ear.

"Thank you." He says as Roxas heals himself.

In haste, the Superior left the curtains around the mirror drawn. Roxas steps up to it, reciting the incantation just as Xemnas had. Wind whips through the room, and a burst of fire explodes on the other side of the mirror, making it seem more like a window. A face that looks like a mask appears, it's empty eyes staring endlessly ahead at them.

"What wouldst thou know, Key of Destiny?"

Said Key of Destiny blinks in surprise as many more things start to make sense in that moment.

"Magick mirror on the wall... " Roxas responds, "Show me the Necromancer, Xehanort."

"A thousand names but a face few know," The mirror says, "A friend of none, but to all a foe. His tanned skin stays taught o'er muscle and bone, through his legend he has become infamously known; his golden eyes doth carry demise, his existence many have come to despise."