Chapter IX: The Witched and the Welcome

The Night

Chapter IX: The Witched and the Welcome

---

For those who are 18+:

To read the Explicit version of this chapter, please visit my author profile for links.

---

June 13th, 2025

"I'll go to the coven directly and find out where your brother is myself!"

It takes Roxas good minute before he realizes exactly what Sora is saying. "Wait... you don't really mean what I think you mean."

Despite his smiling face, Sora can't hide the obvious discomfort in his features. "Well it seems like a straightforward statement to me. I'm happy to clarify, but I'm also trying real hard not to think about it too much..."

"No, I think I get it... but, no way. I cannot ask you to do that for me—"

"Good thing you're not asking me, then."

"What about Riku?"

"He'll be delighted, I'm sure."

They both grimace a little at the statement.

"You spent all that time avoiding your covenant, though... why go back now?"

"I guess you gave me a pretty compelling reason to. Besides, I think you said it best yourself... I'm sick of wasting time. 'Dilly dally shilly shally,' right?"

Dejected, Roxas casts his eyes elsewhere, "You can't just do all this for me..."

"It'll be okay, Roxas. I promise." Attempting to lighten the mood, Sora boops Roxas on the nose. "Eternally indebted, remember?"

Though Roxas isn't sure he'll be able to forgive himself for putting the vampire through all this trouble, he also can't deny this incredible wave of relief washing over him feels pretty amazing. Tears sting his eyes and he finds himself hugging Sora without hesitation. He doesn't believe his life's mystery is worth anyone's freedom, but he's happy to have faith in his companion's incredible sacrifice.

"Sora," He says, voice somewhat muffled in the vampire's neck, "Thank you. Thank you so much."

As Sora returns the hug, he responds, "And hey! Look at it this way: now you know for sure I'm not doing it just to try and get laid!"

Pulling away just a bit, Roxas chuckles. "You know, I was warned about you bargaining vampire types and your strange fuckery." A thought flickers across Roxas' mind: Speaking of... "I should probably text one of my roommates and let them know I'm still safe."

Sora nods, "Please do. I kind of need to be alive to help find your brother."

Removing himself from the bed, Roxas crosses the room to his backpack and retrieves his phone from an outer pocket. His heart leaps into his throat when he sees a wall of notifications and quickly opens his message window to read them. All but two texts are from Demyx.

[Roxas are you actually eating food right now, or should we make an extra serving of dinner for you?]

[Since you haven't responded I'm gonna go with yes?????]