chapter 20~ an utter scare

"Good morning sir and madam. Welcome to Paris," A crewman said. "Thank you," Enola said. Her corset hurt, she wasn't going to lie. She was constantly shifting. Tewkesbury seemed to notice that. "Babe are you okay?" He asked. "Ya, my corset just hurts terribly." She said, trying to move the corset around. He nodded and walked towards where their automobile was. He found it and Enola sat down next to him. Enola tried to loosen her corset, but it wouldn't budge. They drove a total of two hours until they reached their final destination. Tewkesbury stepped out of the automobile and helped her out. Enola ran inside, before passing out. "Enola!" Tewkesbury shouted. He ran to her. "Enola?!" He tried again. No response. He lifted her up and set her on the counter, wondering what he could do. He then remembered Enola saying that her corset was a bother that day. He even saw her trying to loosen it. He flipped her over. He had no desire to take the dress off so he tried to open just the back. He loved the dress she was wearing, but when his plan failed, he decided to cut open the back. Nothing a little sewing won't fix. He quickly untied the corset and saw her body relax. He let out a small sigh of relief and kissed her cheek, before picking her up again and setting her on the couch.
~
A few hours had gone bye and Enola still hadn't awoken. Tewkesbury had been holding her hand and reading the paper when he felt the couch shift. He immediately turned around and saw Enola staring at the paper he was reading. "You're okay!" He said happily. She weakly nodded and sent him a warm smile. "W-what happened?" She stuttered, not fully aware of her surroundings. "Well, you walked through that door and passed out. I laid you on the counter and contemplated on what was wrong. I then recalled you telling me your corset was a bother, so I cut your dress and untied it." He finished, unaware that he had said all that in one breath. "Wow, Romeo finally using his brains, I feel like a proud mother," She joked, her smile suddenly fading. "But why must you have cut my dress. You know it's my favorite." He looked at her and smiled. "I love that dress too, but when having too choose your life or a dress, I chose the one I love, you." She kissed him. "That's why I love you, Viscount," She told him. "Tomorrow shall we visit the Eifel tower?" He nodded and walked her back to their bedroom. Enola walked into the bathroom and took a shower. She then changed into her pink night dress. She walked back into the room and saw Tewkesbury already in his night clothes. She slid under the covers and leaned her head on Tewkesbury's shoulder, before falling asleep.