𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Park Soomi

I'm sorry. I can't do this.

I blinked open my eyes with a sigh, these words still haunting me even though it had been a few days. Every time I let my mind wander, it would find its way back to that moment, ruthlessly replaying it over and over.

And this morning was no different. Same old routine. Same old thoughts.

As I got ready, I still recalled every emotion and feeling vividly: how joy transformed into embarrassment, how the exhilaration that had been coursing through my body like electricity jolted me back to reality.

You don't have to explain. It was the last thing I remember saying to him that night. I already had my answer. He doesn't feel the same way. And I just couldn't take the extra jab in the heart from hearing him say it out loud.

I couldn't believe that we had barely spoken or even crossed paths these last few days despite living in the same house. It was as if we wordlessly agreed to give each other space.

Or maybe I've just been doing a good job avoiding him.

I made my way downstairs, expecting the house to be mostly empty by this time of the morning. But to my surprise, the room was bustling with activity. Yoongi and Jungkook were chatting on the couch, Jimin was rummaging through the kitchen, and Misa was eating breakfast. Even Hoseok was here, despite his recent absence.

I was hoping to quietly slip in and grab a piece of fruit before retreating to my room, but to my dismay, Jimin noticed my entrance.

"Morning, Soomi," he greeted. I didn't respond as I made eye contact with Yoongi. The whole atmosphere seemed to shift, awkward energy radiating from the two of us. The confusion was evident in everyone's questioning stares.

Everyone except Misa.

"What's up with the two of—"

"Soomi! I'm glad you're up! We need to talk!" Misa interrupted Hoseok's question, and before I could even grasp what was happening, Misa dragged me back upstairs by the arm.

"You're welcome," Misa said as the two of us plopped down onto my bed.

"For what?"

"For getting you out of that awkward situation," she responded with a light chuckle before growing serious. "You still haven't talked to him, huh?"

"No..."

"Well, I may have helped you out of this one 'cause all the other guys were there, but my advice still stands. You should talk to him," Misa insisted.

Before I could protest, my phone vibrated violently against the bedside table. Misa picked it up, taking a glance before handing it over to me.

"Oh, perfect. Singer boy wants to meet up. Now's your chance," Misa chirped. Confused, I looked at the screen to see a text from Seokjin.

"A chance for what?"

"For one, to finally get out of the house. And two, to be able to talk to Yoongi! It doesn't have to be a big deal. The two of you, alone in the car, talk for a few minutes, and bam, one step closer to everything going back to normal."

"What's there to even talk about? I think I should just wait it out..."

"Come on, Soomi, you're just pushing things off. I know it sucks, and it's gonna take some time for you to get over him, but—"