𝐗. 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬

Min Yoongi

"Two more shots over here," Soomi slurred while waving her hand in the air.

"Soomi, I told you, I can't drink. I got to drive you home."

"Who said it was for you?"

"I don't think that's a good idea, either."

"Guess you're right," she mumbled. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey, make that a bottle of soju!"

"No! No soju, just water," I shouted over to the bartender.

"Ignore him, a bottle of soju," she insisted.

"Sorry, man. Gotta listen to the pretty lady." He gave me a shrug while handing Soomi a bottle.

"I didn't mean drinking something else was a good idea."

"Well, it sounds like a good idea to me." She began downing the bottle, and I snatched it from her in a panic.

"Stop, this isn't good for you."

She let out a groan while popping another chocolate into her mouth. She grimaced while chewing the candy.

"Why do I keep eating these? I don't even like dark chocolate. See, that's another problem with Taehyung. He didn't even know that I preferred white chocolate."

The whole time we were here, she had been listing out everything she hated about Taehyung. She must've neared her fiftieth complaint by now.

Before Soomi could say something else, she received a message. Her hand lazily groped around the counter before reaching her phone.

"Oh, look at that! It's Seokjin! Guess what he wants?" she asked while giggling. Man, her drunk mood swings are crazy. "He wants to start recording the love song tomorrow! That stupid, stupid love song."

Her hand was suddenly on mine as she dropped her phone onto the counter.

"Wait, I just figured out the lyrics. Yoongi, write this down, it's pure gold. Relationships suck. All men do is lie and cheat. Screw love."

"Yeah...I don't think that's what Seokjin is looking for."

"Whatcha mean? It's perfect," she slurred while popping another chocolate in her mouth.

"You know, forget the song. Just talk to me," I offered, while carefully removing the chocolates from her hands.

"Talk to you? What do you think I've been doing?" she whined while reaching first towards the chocolates, then towards the soju. I lifted both items out of her reach.

"Without drinking and eating. Come on, just let everything out."

"Everything? Okay, fine then," she ranted. I gave her a pained smile, unsure of what I was getting myself into. "I must be the biggest lovestruck loser in the world because even after my boyfriend had sex with another girl, even after thinking of a hundred reasons to hate him, the only thing going through my mind is the fact that I still love him."

My face dropped.

I didn't expect that.

Although her tone started angry, somewhere along the way, that anger transformed into anguish. My eyes softened as hers glistened with pain.

"And the worst part is how long it took to remember how much I loved him. Maybe if it didn't take so long, I wouldn't have driven him away."