The inner gates of the camp lifted and we all rode into the vast camp. Very vast camp, I must emphasize. And not just that, it was the most orderly camp, anyone could possibly ever imagine.

In front of each of the countless tents, ten or more soldiers stood in front of it, at attention position. And as for the soldiers, there were hundreds and hundreds of them.

Wow! I didn't know Regalis commanded these many men. No wonder, he had to go through that skill test, to prove his identity. If the wrong man dare take control, and impersonate Regalis, who knew what the enemy would command these many men to do? Kill thousands? I shivered.

This had better be the largest army of Armalith, and if it wasn't, then, Armalith, was to be feared by all nations.

A shout of "salute!" rang in the field.

And all the soldiers stamped their right foot, with their right hand, touching their right temple. "Welcome back, Commander-in-Chief!" they roared.

"Thanks" Regalis said softly, in acceptance of their greeting. And along with the rest of us, he dismounted from his horse. Laced his hand with mine, "I had your clothes and belongings in the castle delivered here" he said.

"Thanks" I responded.

He grinned. And led me by the hand, through the camp. We passed the several soldiers, standing in front of their tents.

I tried not to dwell on it, but, I couldn't help it. I was in a military camp. The disregard, soldiers showed women was well known. Or perhaps, could they all be different, like Regalis, and consider both genders as equals?

What's she doing here?

Does this place look like a kitchen, where she should be?

What can she help us with, here? The only weapon, she can probably wield, to look like us, is a kitchen knife.

All these thoughts sped through my mind. Soldiers in the Capital spoke that way. Would those here, see things the same way?

Finally, we reached a huge tent. The biggest tent there. And we entered.

The inside of the tent, was luxurious. Beautiful and well-decorated. It was like a mini-palace was brought in there. Scent of roses and strawberries. Flowers, adding beauty to the space.

"You'll love here" Ashton said to me. Jumping on the bed, and bouncing on it.

Oh no. Ashton sometimes, reminded me of my little brother. Ever happy. Ever full of energy. I laughed. Who above the age of eighteen still considers bouncing on their bed as fun?

"Regalis!" Ashton screamed, jumping on the bed, "why can't I have your tent?" Ashton cried, pretending to weep.

"Perhaps, if you were born a prince, you'd have one" Nadia teased.

"And have King Randall as my father?" He pretended to gag.

And everyone burst into laughter.

Their laughter, and how comfortable they were with each other, was so real. It made me envy Regalis, for after having a good heart, the next thing, one should ask the gods for, is good friends.

A knock sounded from the entrance of the tent.

"Come in" Ashton said, so comfortably. One would think he was the tent's owner.

A soldier entered, holding a wooden board of scrolls. No stars on his uniform. It meant, his rank in the military was low.

He held the wooden board with one hand, and saluted Regalis and others with his right hand. "Commander, this came" the soldier said and left the wooden board on a table in front of Regalis, who was skimming through a book in his hands, and didn't bother to look up.