#78 The Death Pain

I spread my arms to start Feeding on Randall. But soon, I noticed nothing was entering my body. No magic was flowing into it. So, instead of his Gift sinking into me, it was like mine, was being drained out, ‘cause, I was trying to break down a huge barrier between my Gift and Randall's.

And then suddenly, as I kept exerting more force on that barrier, trying to pull it down with more of my Feeder Gift, I felt blood start to trickle out of my nostrils. The more I tried to break down the wall and absorb his magic, the more the blood drizzled right out of my nose. Drizzling and drizzling, as Randall laughed out loud.

"Do you think I'm my son?" he said, "or one of my minions?" he cackled, and it was a kind of laughter, that was deadly. Deadly enough to fill a mountain with fear, and though it can't move, the mountain would wish, it could flee. Flee away in plain terror!

"You know nothing, you nonentity" he said. "Even before my existence, my Gifts have been foretold in prophecies. Of how powerful it’ll be. How matchless”.  And then, he roared, "my Gifts are too powerful to be Fed on!"

He took a step forward. As I noticed that more and more of his soldiers were increasing on the battlefield. And now, what was once, a hundred men, seemed like seven times of it.

I tried to step back. Move my feet. But then, I noticed I couldn't. Couldn't even lift my hand to wipe my bloody nose.

He was holding me in paralysis.

His blue-sea eyes trapped my body in paralysis.

And as my heart started to race. My heartbeat, shooting up to humming bird speed, Randall jammed his hands together.

Without warning, a sharp pain moved from my bride collar, down my spine, to every inch of my body.

And right there on the battlefield, I howled in anguish. "Hah!"

The death pain in my bride collar has been unleashed.