#20 A Trip in the North II

"Ooh!" the response of the kids, coming with wide eyes on their faces.

"I thought you never wanted to wed anyone" Thalia said.

Regalis crouched to her height. Ever so gentle and patient. He ruffled her hair with his gloved hand "someday" he told her "you'll meet someone who'll make you desire things you never thought you'd want". He beamed and stood up.

"I'll see you all, some other time" he promised, as he held my hand, leading me away from the playground. 

We passed more trees. Walked through a path. And came upon a stream. One would think that was the end of the road. Until Regalis, pushed aside a couple of plants interwind together. And I noticed the path there. Where are we going? Soon, I became aware of where we were entering.

An underground cave.

Water flowed all around. As we walked further, the next thing I noted, was the heat. We've entered a forge. That of a blacksmith / collar mage. And spread out on multiple tables were, metals and precious stones, along with wrist bracelets, anklets and necklaces. 

And then, I noticed the man, standing at the centre of the forge. His back, faced us. And by his side, was a chunk of red hot diamond, that he was beating. It was obvious he'd been trying to shatter it for long, but it wasn't disintegrating as fast as he hoped, despite, him just pulling out the diamond from the furnace.

He continued pounding it. And since, we had now moved, and I could see his side view, I saw the profuse sweat running down his face and thick neck. The diamond, remaining unbreakable. 

He'd have to put the diamond back in the furnace for another couple of hours or days.

He dropped his pounding tool. And I was certain, he was about returning the precious stone to the flames, when, without warning, the chunk of diamond on the blacksmith's table exploded! Gboa!

Bursting into tiny fragments. The tiniest of the tiniest diamond pieces, the blacksmith had most definitely seen.

And instantly, across his forge, the big chunks of gold, silver, emerald and rubies on tables, started shattering! Into pieces! As the force of Regalis's Gift hit them.

It was amazing. Diamond. The hardest stone in several lands, conquered, just like that!

I looked at Regalis. He wasn't even panting. It was as if, he had not just done anything formidable.

On his bare right hand, danced lightning streaks. He wore his glove back. And turned to the blacksmith, who even before Regalis glanced at him, was already growing pale, with fear. 

By this display of Gift, only a person, living under a rock, would still be confused about the identity of who just entered his or her workshop.

Regalis took a step toward the blacksmith. And the blacksmith took ten steps back. His face, full of drowning fear, as his entire body, shivered. Juddered, even. If he wasn't so young and fit, I'd have feared, that perhaps, he was about to suffer a heart failure.

Regalis stopped in front of the blacksmith's table. Pulled out a big pouch I had not noticed. He tossed it to the side of the blacksmith. With the way the pouch just landed, the sound it made, it definitely contained bars and bars of gold!

I was speechless. What kind of service was this man offering Regalis that he deserved to be paid an amount, that could feed a town in Marjol for a full month?

Before I could ponder any further, Regalis's voice rumbled beside me! Suddenly reminding me, that no matter how breathtaking Regalis was, and how kind and gentle even to kids he was, he still remained an embodiment - a vessel of feral lightning, waiting to strike!

And as though, if his next order wasn't obeyed, the same way he helped shatter the blacksmith's chunks of precious stones, he could as easily make the blacksmith, be the next one to be scattered in tiny fragments. 

And he pointed to my neck. The bride collar on it. "That vile thing! Remove it at once!"

*****
PLEASE, VOTE, COMMENT & ADD this story to your reading lists! PLEASE!!!!!

Lastly, are you enjoying this story? Then, PLEASE, SHARE the link on your WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms, so that your friends too, would also check it out.

For your immense support, I say, a HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! ❤