#83 Death of Eternal Ruler

Regalis stared at Randall's ashes. Gazing at it for so long, as fire blazed all around us.

I didn't need to ask him. That was how well I've come to know him. He wasn't a senseless mass murderer. Hence, I knew, that Randall dying from the flames of his dragon, hurt him, despite the fact that his so-called father had almost sent him to the Great Beyond.

I moved closer to him. Whether he liked it or not, only one of them, from the Armalith royal family could've survived this night. And I'm glad, it was Regalis.

Before I reached his side, he already felt my presence, turned around and hugged me. Trembling.

"For Nadia" I said. Saying one name I knew would help him feel better about Randall's death.

"For your grandfather".

"And for your mother. He had to go" I said, my hand patting his back.

"I know about the vision" he said, "Hazlitt told me".

And yet, he still came. Knowing he could die.

That was the exact reason I didn't tell him the truth. So far as he knows I was in the Capital, fighting Randall, he'd never let me face such danger alone. No matter the number of visions I see, declaring his death.

I breathed out. I came to Armalith, with the thought that I was about to lose the most important treasure in my life, yet, somehow, a country I once despised, hated even, had now, given me, the most valuable treasure I could ever possibly have, either in this lifetime or ten lives after.

And I kissed him. Kissed him so hot and hard and sweet. And like a petal of rose, he tasted of inborn sweetness and sunshine.

And at that moment, I knew from now onwards. All would be well. Not easy, but it would be twice better than things once were.