Chapter 14

You assumed it was early in the morning when you heard faint footsteps making its way past you. Clicking your tongue, you were annoyed to have it destroy your good night's sleep. You clutched the blanket closer, covering your face as if it is able to mask out the sounds of what seems like running now. Of course, it did not do anything but you decided to still pursue your sleep, choosing to ignore whoever it was and kill them when you wake up fully.

But apparently, they did not want to go along with your plan.

Your blanket was ripped away from you, forcing you to jolt up and angrily exclaimed, "What the fuck?" Your eyes widened upon seeing no one was there to pull your blankets. You searched for the others, panic started to coarse in you as you did not find Eiji nor Shorter nearby when you knew you were supposed to be in the same room as them . Fear washed over you raising the fine hairs on the back of your neck.

"Please let me just sleep." You stated courtly to whoever or whatever entity it was with you because you know for a fact that you are not alone right now. You swiftly took the blanket and covered your whole self with it, grabbing your retractable dagger that was sitted near you for accessibility.

You hold it close to your chest, awaiting for the next move of the culprit. You steadied your beat to try to calm your panic, you wanted to listen to your surroundings but the pulse beat in your ears blocked all the other sounds.

You felt a hand tightened around your neck. The sudden shock made you tense your muscles as you yell out, pushing the blade towards your attacker's chest. You pushed them off, yanking the cloth away from your sight to get a good look at whoever this was. You became paralyzed on spot, the menancing aura holding you in a tightening grip.

There laid infront of you, a girl with eyes so dark that you can even see your silhouette reflecting. Her eyes bleeded with a black substance that resembled blood; it was the same fluid that stained her dress in the area you have stabbed her. You took a few steps backward, her face abruptly turned to you.

Her mouth formed a crippled smile, it made you want to run for safety but your legs would not allow you to do so.

You watched as she slowly sat up before bursting into a fit. Her laughter filled your ears, you tried to drown them all by closing them with the palm of your hands.

"Stop! Stop! Stop it!" You cried out.

You closed your eyes, you didn't want to see her anymore. Fear suddenly became a tangible, living force that crept over you like some hungry beast, immobilizing you; your brain, holding you captive.

"I already told you, you can't kill me." She said with a voice that sounds sweet yet twisted at the same time.

You heard her retract the dagger.

"But I can kill you." You opened your eyes just to see her swing both of her arms up, knife placed in between, before drawing them back down straight to your head.

—--—

You gasped for breath, coughing up and rolling to the side. You took deep breaths, for a moment, you suddenly have forgotten how to breathe. You looked around the room suspiciously, Shorter's loud snores brought an instant relief to you. Everyone was still sleeping, signifying that you just had a horrible nightmare.

You fall back down to the pillow. "That girl again..."

You have always had reoccurring dreams about that same girl and everytime she always tried to kill you. You don't even know why you're not used to her yet. She always appears whenever something in your past has been triggered.

You then flinched at the sound of a gunshot. Is someone in trouble? Is Golzine's men already here? Paranoid, you ran for the nearby window to see the situation. You expected to see men raiding down the small house you're in but instead, you found Ash and Eiji right up in the middle of grass. Ash was behind Eiji's smaller frame, aiding him with his posture and aim. Ash was teaching Eiji how to shoot using some bottles that was placed on the bench as dummies.