Chapter 26

"I don't know how to feel..."

Eiji could not help but to look away at the sight of both his friend's closeness. Although, it wasn't uncommon for the two to display affection may it be platonic or not, there was an ache in his chest that he have been ignoring continuously. Pushing those thoughts of insecurity at the back of his head and burying his emotion deep in the pits of his stomach just so his heart could take a break.

"Anyways, I wish you guys well." He flashed his usual kind smile, raising his mug as if he were offering a toast for the two of you. Eiji still wanted to be a good friend. He really did cheered for the two of you...but Eiji hates the growing distance between all three of you. He often questioned himself, racking his brain for anything that can help the group move towards their goal.

Ash was exceptional in all fields, he has his own tact that no one can possibly par to. You on the other hand, you aren't the best in physical fights and your physique isn't better than Eiji, but your immense knowledge in the field of medicine is immaculate.

Now that the two of you are together, the more Eiji feels like he's being left behind. He just hopes and prays that he can still catch up, afraid of the loneliness that had him in a tight grasp, leaving nothing but an empty feeling that pools deep in his guts.

—--—

Being in a relationship with Ash, changes between the two of you were expected of course. Not only does your heart flips from the giddy feeling caused by him, the amount of headaches you had increased in a daily basis as you learned how truly annoying it is to be with Ash Lynx. In simpler terms, the two of you are both a pain in each other's asses.

"Ouch!" Your man-child whined, again, as you dabbed a cotton on his wounds. "You're being overly dramatic. I didn't even put any antiseptic yet." You almost hissed at him, purely fed up at his childish antics. With the same annoying expression, he argued back, "I don't know about you, but I have a delicate body. It really hurts if you do it all sloppy like that."

Your patience was long gone as soon as the word sloppy reached your ear. He had the nerve to hit your pride as someone who have been exceptional in this line of work.

A devilish grin formed on your lips as you soaked the cotton in alcohol. "Well, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of your 'delicateness'. Allow me to make you feel better your highness~"

Ash's groans and cries were heard throughout the room as you tied and rolled his wounds bandages as tights as you can, making him more uncomfortable that he already is with the burning sensation lingering on his skin. Eiji, who was in the same room, winced at your aggressiveness.

"You should've hurt your mouth instead." He teased more, literally adding an insult to his injury.

You cleanse your palms with alcohol, satisfied at the lynx's current hostility. Ash rolled his eyes, bringing the newspaper up to his view just so he can stop seeing the smug look on your face.

"Damned brat." He muttered quietly.

"What was that, babe?"

"I said, fuck you." You chuckled, grabbing all the medical supplies and placing them in your kit.

Before heading out to prepare sandwiches with Eiji, you turned to him and bent down to whisper in his ears,