Chapter Twenty-Three

*In case you had forgotten (due to my extended absence) Talia is supposed to get in contact with the girl who helped her when she was being held in the King family underground hotel the Avant Garde. Talia's also dealing with her father's medical crisis. And she is also trying to get revenge on the men who tried to ruin her. A lot is going on because I wanted to show that no matter what, Talia is a bad bitch who can handle a million things being thrown at her. Also, maybe re-read the last few paragraphs of the last chapter to catch up with the opening dialogue!*

 Also, maybe re-read the last few paragraphs of the last chapter to catch up with the opening dialogue!*

•Talia•

"She sure as fuck is!" Kai praises when he walks into the living room. Ash lifts his head and scowls in Kai's direction, obviously not thinking anyone could finally hear him say something nice to me.

My jaw drops open just slightly in surprise at his compliment and warmth fills my blood. I don't need any mans approval, but hearing from the club's asshole president that I basically belong here with them...yeah that's pretty awesome.

"Get back to work, grunt!" Ash shouts at Kai who raises his hands in protest before resting them on his hips.

Storming off, he mumbles, "Can't even go five minutes without being an ass." He scoffs and tosses over his shoulder, "Time for you to find an Old Lady to keep you humble, jackass!"

"Yeah, come on, Ash, settle down already. You're 33. You're not getting any younger," Stone shrugs and then points to Ash's body, "And you won't look like that for much longer."

I stifle a giggle and cross my legs, leaning my elbow on the back of the couch to watch the exchange between these absolute children.

Ash rubs his hands down his sculpted chest and lifts the bottom of his tee shirt to reveal perfectly defined abs. "Nah, I don't think this body is going anywhere anytime soon."

Kai bows dramatically, "Suit yourself, old man."

This time I do let out a little chuckle and Ash turns his icy gaze onto me and I stare right back at him, refusing to let him intimidate me. "Oh, don't even. I'm not scared of you." I roll my eyes and stand up, stalking towards the front porch to watch from out there. It's stuffy in the cabin with all the guys and I need some fresh air.

Ryder is outside next to the van, laying down a large plastic tarp to protect the interior from stains and evidence.

"Is your crusade over or will we be needing to dispose of more bodies in the future?"

I look up and Ronan is standing beside me. I didn't even hear him walk up, his steps too light and completely undetectable. Unconsciously, I take a step away from him. He's harmless but I can tell he doesn't really like me much. He doesn't give off friendly vibes and I wonder if whatever happened to him when they were held is the reason for his angst.