Guzma x reade

"Hey boss. I just caught this and thought you-" I smiled, walking through the door but stopped in my tracks. "I-I Uh." I couldn't believe my eyes. Well, I guess deep down I could. "Sorry boss." I stepped back out and shut the door. The sight of her, across his lap, in his throne. I could feel something welling up in my throat, I coughed and in my hand landed a small petal. "Not this, anything but this." I sighed to myself.
The passing months the flowers inside me grew. I only ever coughed up flowers of four colours white, grey, yellow and purple.
I was doing a little tidying around the mansion when I felt a familiar sensation. I coughed and up came a whole white daisy with a few purple and yellow petals following close behind. "Ya alright?" I heard a voice ask. I turned to see Guzma with his arm wrapped around Plumaria's waist. I coughed and up came some small grey petals.
"No. She's not." Plumeria spoke up. "In all honesty, she's dying."
"Can't you let me keep my disease to myself? I want to die peacefully please." I shrugged stuffing the flowers into my pocket.
"Disease?! It ain't catchy is is?!" Guzma looked taken aback.
"No. You couldn't catch it if you tried." I turned away. "It's called Hanahaki. A disease caused by unrequited love. I'll cough up flowers until the vines growing around my heart cause it to stop and I die." I shrugged. "It's Okay. I've come to terms with my imminent death. I've seen him happy. That's all I care about, though the more I see him with her the tighter the vines grow and the closer I get to death."
"There's gotta be a cure." Guzma stated.
"Nope." I looked down at the ground. "If I get the surgery to remove the vines I'll never love again." I looked up at the boss, "the only other way out is for the source of my affection to love me back. That's not going to happen so I'm stuck with this until I die."
He walked over and placed a hand on the side of my face, gently cupping my cheek. For a split second I could feel the pressure on my heart lifting.
"We'll make sure that fool falls for you. Can't go losing my favourite grunt can I?" He laughed, there it was again that crushing feeling. I clutched my chest in pain as more flowers inched up my throat.
"I gotta go boss!" I cried, running off.
It's been about a month and it was getting closer to the end. I sat in my room, surrounded by the flowers I'd coughed up. "Ey. It's ya boy!" I heard a familiar voice enter my room. "What the?!"
"I didn't want you to have to see this." I turned away.
"Are They Uh. Are they always these colours?" He asked looking at the flowers.
"Yeh. They remind me of him. Yellow and purple, I just associate these with him in my mind. White, his hair. It looks so soft, oh if I could just run my fingers through it." I coughed up more flowers, wishing I could be closer to him.
"The grey ones?"
"His eyes. Charcoal grey. Eyes I get lost in, ones that have known pain and I guess love. Those eyes that love another." I could feel the tears fall down my face.
"I'm here. You wanted to see me." Plumaria spoke from the doorway.
"Good. Y-You're here." I sighed. "You know what I want you to do right?" I asked her, she nodded.
"What's going on? Am I missing something?" Guzma asked, looking frantically between the two of us.
"She wants to die." Plumes spoke seriously.
"You want her to kill you?!" He yelled, my face in his hands, his expression one of pure shock. I raised a weak hand, gently running my fingers through his hair.
"No. I want you to do it." I mumbled. "And I want you to have a smile when you do it." I lowered my hand, "at least I got to do that." I smiled. I looked past him to Plumaria "take care of him for me. Please. Just kiss him for me. I want my last moment to be spent seeing him happy."
"No. Wait! Me?!" He questioned.
"Yeh. Of course it's you. You couldn't tell by the colours?"
"No!" I could see tears forming in his eyes. "I don't want to lose you!"
"You don't love me. There's no other way to-"
"I do!" He blurted out. "Damn it! I do love you!"
"Just saying it does nothing. You have to mean it. There's nothing you can do now." I sighed. I was about to speak again when I was cut off by my own coughing, looking down into my hand to see a whole purple rose. Guzma placed his hand under my chin, making me look into those eyes I loved so much.
He leant down and gently placed his lips on mine. The kiss was short and sweet but it was all I ever needed. The vines and thorns around my heart melted away and I could be longer feel the flowers creeping up my throat. "I mean it. I do love you y/n. I wanted to come across at this boss who doesn't care about anything but getting the job done so when I saw ya I distanced myself. You were so... pretty I couldn't be seen favouring one person so I got together with Plum's but I almost killed you." He looked away.
"But you've saved me." I smiled. He carefully picked me up.
"You. You need some rest. Ya almost died." He smiled, taking me from my room and placing me gently on his bed. "Then... we got a lot of lost time to make up for." He smirked.

-Jadieelynchx