Pavel Chekov x Reader.

Walking through the halls of the USS Enterprise, looking though medical notes as I did so. I looked up and noticed Ensign Chekov, being pushed out of another girl's room. "What are you doing so wrong mr Chekov?" I laughed, accompanying him as he walked to the bridge. "What's that the fourth this month?"
"Yeh. I don't get it." He shrugged, pulling his shirt back over his head.
"You keep this up and you'll have to settle for me." I joked.
"That I might." He responded, smiling. "You're a lovely girl though. I actually thought about you not five minutes ago. I told her that her eyes reminded me of yours, they are very similar." He stated.
"There's your problem Mr Chekov. Women don't really like being compared to other women. Particularly in such... intimate, situations." I smiled before walking off. "Still on for that drink later though! 1800 hours remember!"
"Yeh!" He shouted back as I entered med bay.
"That's another girl that's rejected Chekov." I laughed, walking over to Bones.
"Who was it this time?" He asked, looking up from his notes.
"I didn't get a proper look but it looked like Lieutenant Blake."
"Ah. Well. That's another one down." He mumbled.
"What?"
"Oh nothing darlin'. Thinking aloud." He smirked. "Could you run down to the supply room and grab some more bandages I'm nearly out."
"Sure thing." I smiled walking out of med bay.
"Thanks darlin'!"
The rest of the day was quite uneventful, at 1700 hrs I clocked out of med bay and went back to my quarters. A quick shower and a change later I grabbed some glasses and my personal favourite drinks and set them on the table.
I waited, 1800 rolled around, then 1900 and by 2000 I'd given up waiting and poured myself a drink or two. A drink I was planning to share, I'd brought some of my favourite fine brandy from home, only for special occasions and to share with friends. I was looking forward to sharing it with Chekov but here I am drinking alone.
I must've gotten to bed somehow, last thing I remember was passing out at the table. Yet here I am, in bed, my alarm screaming at me to get up. I eventually obliged, pulling on my uniform and heading back to med bay.
"Heard you say the other day you and mr Chekov we're having drinks last night. How was it?" Bones asked.
"Oh. Great. Well it would've been had he shown up!" I shouted, throwing some papers down on the desk he was sat at in frustration. "I had a great time drinking alone."
"Why don't you try talking to him, rather than getting angry in here?" He suggested.
"Sure. Bet he's already on the bridge. I'll be back soon." I stormed out and down to the bridge, standing in front of the Russian ensign. "Good Morning Chekov. Nice night?" I smiled, a little too sweetly at him.
"Doctor?" He paused in thought. "The drinks."
"Yeh. Thanks a lot. You know why girl can't stand you? You flit from one to the next at a moments notice. To think I saw the good in you. You're just like the rest of em."
"I am sorry Doctor. Please. I-I'll come tonight." He pleaded.
"Why bother the brandy I had intended to share with you is nearly gone."
"I know." He spoke with his head down.
"Wait. You know?" I questioned. "Oh. You're the one who put me to bed." Silence. Nothing but silence between us. "That's why my glasses were put away, why I was in bed when I remember falling asleep at the table." He nodded. "Thanks." I turned on my heels and walked out he wasn't even going to explain himself. Fine. I don't care. Did I think there could've been a possibility of something between us? Yeh. Was I going to question this over our drinks? Yes I was. Am I hurt by his not turning up? More than I thought I'd be.
Once back up in med bay I felt better, more at ease. Here I could be relaxed, I was helping other people and my personal life didn't matter.
I was dealing with a young lad from engineering who had managed to severe the top of his finger while trying to fix a turbine, when Chekov walked in. "Doctor? May I have a moment of your time?"
"Are you sick or injured Chekov?" I spoke cleaning the wound of the young engineer.
"Well no... but I-"
"Then would you kindly leave med bay, I'm trying to work." I raised the engineers hand above his head, "keep that there. I'm just getting some bandages." I walked past Chekov to get some bandages. "Pavel. Please. You're in my way." I sighed. "If you want to talk to me this badly I'm taking lunch at noon." I edged round him again, "now shoo. I'm working." I gave him a small smile before turning back to my patient.
I dealt with a number of patients, some just check ups other with work related injuries, but it was finally lunch. I sat in the mess hall with my lunch and Chekov came to sit with me. "What is it Chekov?"
"I came to apologise for last night. I got cold feet."
"Really? Why? It was just a drink." I laughed.
"No. The reason I don't get on with other girls is because I'm always comparing them to you. So going for drinks with you was what I wanted but I was just scared you wouldn't see me like that." He shrugged.
"Really? The only reason I never said anything to you about it was because you seemed so preoccupied with other girls. You didn't seem to want me so I just turned the other cheek."
"A real vicious cycle." He smiled. "Can I try again tonight?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.
"Okay. One more time Chekov. That's it." I smirked, picking up my things, "I'll see you tonight. Don't be late."
Again I waited, ten, fifteen, twenty minutes I decided I'd had enough and would go and find him. As my door slid open there was Pavel pacing the corridor talking to himself. "Pav?" I smiled. He jumped, turning to face me quickly hiding whatever was in his hands behind his back. "Warming those cold feet with a little pacing were we?"
"Just a Little nervous. We've been friends for years. What if I ruin it and you hate me?" He rambled.
"Just don't overthink it. Ok." I reassured. He smiled and nodded.
"Oh. These are for you. Freshly... replicated. They didn't have any in the botanist lab." He handed me a small vase in which sat a small bunch of a really sweet earth wildflower, Chamomile.
"Thanks Pavel. You didn't have to." I reopened the door to my quarters, "I've got enough left for one drink each. Think you can handle it?" I laughed. He visibly relaxed, becoming the Chekov I've known since our academy days. Smiling, he nodded and joined me for our overdue drink together.

-Jadieelynchx