prologue

I walk the halls of blue valley high clutching my books to my chest walking out of my class. I get to my locker and put all my things away "hey Sam!" I jump and turn around seeing Jake and Corey "hi!" I say with a smile happy to see them since I haven't this whole day "how was your summer?" Jake asks "eh, could've been better" they nod "have you seen the new kid?" Corey asks "yeah I've seen him in my classes but didn't get a good look at him" I say "well we have he's eating lunch with us!" Jake says excitedly and I sigh knowing I probably won't be comfortable with him in a while "ok well I gotta get to band" they nod and I go to band.

I get there and I look where my seat is on the seating chart and I grab my saxophone, folder, and a stand and go to my seat sitting there setting up my things. "Ok class!" the teacher says getting everyone's attention and I furrow my brows seeing as the seat next to mine is empty.

The door opens and everyone looks over "your la-" the teacher starts but then stopping seeing as it's the principal and the new kid "keep practicing the song!" the teacher says going to talk with them but I look at the new kid, his hair a chocolate brown looking to be soft as a cloud and his jaw line perfectly defined as if it could cut through butter smoothly, his teeth straight and white, the perfect smile and his eyes a dark but vibrant blue.

"hey" I jump and look up seeing him "h-hi" I stutter "can I get through?" "Oh y-yeah" I move letting him through and he gets his things situated sitting in the seat next to me and the teacher starts talking again. "I'm Colby by the way" he says with a smile holding out his hand for me to shake and I stare at him looking at his hand and back to his face and I hesitantly shake his hand "S-sam" he smiles wide "we're gonna be best friends" he states.

"Sam and Colby! Stop talking or you'll be having different seats!" the teacher yells at us again and we laugh a little and we stop talking and actually listen not wanting to be moved.

We put our things away and walk out of the room heading to lunch "I'd sit with you but I promised someone else I'd sit with them" Colby says with a sigh as we walk in the cafeteria and I smile "you will be sitting with me, Jake and Corey are my friends" "really!?" he asks excitedly and I nod as we walk to my lunch table. "Hi guys!" I say with a smile sitting down Colby sitting next to me "hey" they say smiling at me noticing that I got comfortable with Colby which is something I have troubles with. We all talk getting to know Colby better and find out we have much in common.

-

"Sam can I come to your house?" Colby asks hopefully "of course!" he smiles wide and we walk to my house.
We get there and go up to my room and play video games for a while.
"let's watch a scary movie!" Colby says and I nod slowly and he turns one on and we watch it.

I yelp and cling onto Colby's arm as a jump scare happens and he chuckles "it's not that scary" I nod and let go of him my face turning red from embarrassment.

I cover my face getting scared and  Colby chuckles as he wraps his arm around me making me blush and get butterfly's. I hide my face in his chest as a jump scare happens wrapping my arms around his torso he shakes his head with a chuckle and he changes the movie "better?" I nod and he lays down bringing me with him keeping his arms around me making me blush deeply.

and that's when I knew I fell for my best friend...

-

new book!!
this is just a little teaser type thing and the first real chapter will be out Friday.