♡37♡

Colby

The plane lands now back in Kansas "baby" I shake him gently and he whines "baby, get up we're here" he pushes my hand off of him curling in a ball whimpering I frown and gently grab his chin seeing that his crying in his sleep "baby..." I whisper gently in his ear "wake up baby, it's just a bad dream" I whisper softly but he let's out a whimper shaking his head "baby, it's Colby... wake up please, I'm not gonna hurt you I promise you.. we're back home" I whisper and his eyes flutter open and he looks at me letting out a quiet sob I frown wiping his tears "it'll be okay baby" I say pecking his lips gently "c'mon, let's go home" I say getting up pulling him up after and we leave the plane going into the airport stopping at starbucks for some food.
We get our bags and we head out going to the car. We put our bags in the trunk and get in Sam crawling into my lap nuzzling his head in my chest. I rub his back letting out a soft sigh "we'll be home soon..."

-

Hours later my parents finally pull up to Sam's house "here Sam, Colby you can stay for a bit if you'd like" my mother says and I hum "I'll go with" I say opening the door and Sam gets out "thank you" Sam says and they smile "of course hon, also I'm so sorry about what happened.." my mom says giving him a look of sympathy and Sam gives her a sad smile "okay bye, I'll see you later" I say squeezing Sams hand and they wave as they drive off "c'mon, let's go lay down" I say and he nods walking to the door with me. He unlocks the door with the spare key putting it back in the hiding spot. I open the door "WELCOME HOME!" we jump at the sudden yelling seeing our friends with a big welcome home sign and balloons and confetti all over the ground as they had confetti cannons "I missed you!" Jake exclaims running up to us and hugging Sam tightly "I missed him more!" Corey yells pushing Jake away and hugging him "wow.. thanks" I scoff jokingly "I missed you too brother" Jake says hugging me "we missed you guys too!" Devyn and Tara exclaim running up to us and we all go into a group hug. Sam let's out a sob, starting to cry "oh Sam.." they frown pulling him into the middle of the hug and he wraps his arms around Jake tightly I frown sadly "Sam..?" he says worriedly knowing he's not crying happy tears "he's had a rough night.." I sigh "what happened?" Devyn frowns "c'mon let's go to the living room" Jake says picking Sam up and he clings into him crying into his neck and we all follow them to the living room. We all sit down on the couch "what's happening?" Sam's mother asks worriedly "I heard crying" she says and I sigh sadly as Sam let's out a pained sob and he gets up running into her arms "what happened!? I knew he shouldn't have went!" she says angrily "Colby..?" Tara asks looking at me with sad eyes "baby, can I tell them?" I ask and he let's out a sob nodding regardlessly and his mother sits down his father coming in seconds later sitting next to her and running his back "explain" he says seriously and I take a sharp breath before explaining what happened the night prior and the story behind it and why I yelled at him.

"oh my god.." Corey gasps "that's horrible" Devyn frowns wiping her tears as she starting crying a little "I'll bring him to his room" I say as he cried himself to sleep again "no I-" his mother says getting cut off by his father "don't be mad at him, it's not his fault.. be glad he walked back in the room when he did" he says and she sighs letting me take Sam from her and he clings onto me. I go up to his room and lay him in his bed pulling the covers over him "brother.." Jake trails off behind me "yeah?" I say turning around "I know this is kinda weird but can I cuddle him.. I mean I used to do it before you moved here to calm him down, if not it's ok-" "no it's okay, go ahead" I say giving him a small smile he nods and takes off his shoes getting in the bed next to Sam pulling him close and he cuddles into him and I sit on the couch on here next to Tara as Devyn and Corey are on the love sac "this sucks.. we had a whole day planned out" Tara grumbles and I frown looking in my lap "dude, don't blame yourself, it's not your fault at all" Jake says and I nod slowly "and, we can do the fun things tomorrow if Sam's up for it, but he should sleep" Corey says "yess" Tara cheers "Tara!" Devyn yells "what!?" "do you not care that-" "what- of course I do! I just don't want to sit around and mope about it! I just want to lighten up the mood instead.. I hate that it happened I really do!" she exclaims cutting her off "oh, okay.. that makes sense" Devyn mumbles not expecting that small outburst from Tara "Guys I'm gonna go" I say standing up "woah, where are you going!" Tara yells pulling me back down "but-" "no tell me!" she exclaims probably mad that I'm gonna leave Sam "okay," I say explaining what I'm gonna do.
"yes!" Devyn exclaims "it's the perfect time to do this!" she adds "yeah brother, you just gotta day the right things, okay? make him know you mean it" Jake says and I nod "I will, I'll be back I swear" I say before getting up and leaving.

- later that night -

Sam

I whine waking up "morning sleepyhead" I push the person away whimpering "hey, it's just me Sammy" Jake says "i-im s-orry" I stutter and he sighs "sammy.." I jump looking over seeing Tara, Devyn, and Corey and I let out a sigh of relief "we're sorry what happened to you, but realize that none of us are gonna hurt you, he's never gonna come back and never will" Tara says "yeah, I know it just happened, but it's upsetting seeing you flinch and whimper when someone's next to you or touches you" Devyn says and I nod slowly tears rolling down my cheeks "hey, we're not mad, we understand why your doing it, but it's really heartbreaking.. you just have to tell yourself that your safe now" Corey says and I nod leaning into Jakes touch as he pulls me in a hug "w-wheres Colby?" I ask "he went somewhere, but he'll be back" I nod slowly sad that he left me "he should be back any minute, but why don't you go take a shower if you haven't already" Jake says and I nod "okay" I mumble standing up "I'll bring your clothes just get in" Tara says standing up I nod going into the bathroom and closing it behind me. I turn on the water and strip down to nothing. I get in letting the water run down my body "coming in!" Tara calls knocking on the door before it opens "thank you" I say "yep! I got a towel for you as well" I hum "okay.. thanks" "no problem" she says before the door opens and closes. I turn the water all the way up letting the hot water fall on my body burning it just wanting the disgusting feeling off of me. I start to cry as I remember the feeling of his lips on me.

---

there's only one chapter left until this books over!