- B O N U S * * C H A P T E R -

Dylan had no idea that he was going to fall in love with someone after he got his heart broken before, much less to a guy named Chad de Guzman

Dylan had no idea that he was going to fall in love with someone after he got his heart broken before, much less to a guy named Chad de Guzman. He didn't know why he fell for him. Maybe because Chad understood him in many ways the others couldn't.

He had fought countless battles, but this one, he had to fight his internal demons. The fear of being totally and utterly in love with a boy terrified him. As much as he wanted to avoid Chad, his feelings grew to the point that he was thinking of him before he slept, and when he woke up, he would think of him again. But despite the battle he was facing internally, he was glued to Chad whenever he went to school. He always wanted to be around Chad as much as possible, and the mere touch of their bodies or skin always sent him over to the edge.

He remembered the time they first met, and he found Chad interesting because he looked like a lost kid. Dylan wasn't aware that the boy he was helping in the first place would be the reason why he would love again.

When news broke out that there was going to be a new kid in their school, Dylan wasn't really interested, but when he found out that that boy was going to be Isaiah's step-brother, he knew he had to do something. He just didn't expect that he would fall in love with him.

Dylan didn't exactly know when his feelings started to grow. At first, he just shrugged it off, claiming that it was just a normal feeling to feel because Chad was really a great friend to him. Then it intensified when they had their first travel, and stupid Isaiah was with them. He couldn't understand why he was pissed that he didn't get to spend time with Chad alone, but he only shrugged it off because probably, it was because of Isaiah. He hated Isaiah. Dylan started to think how Chad was being cute, and how adorable he was when being goofy.

Dylan found himself paying more attention to Chad, and he couldn't understand why. He noticed that he always brought three pens – green, red, and black. He noticed that Chad was always chewing the cap of the pen, and when Chad would look at it, a frown would cross his face. Dylan also noticed that Chad liked to draw random stuff on his paper.

He was scared because he hadn't experienced this feeling before. But at the same time, he couldn't ignore these feelings he had for the cute Filipino boy who was supposed to be a friend only, a pal. That feeling grew and grew until Dylan couldn't think properly. He would find himself leaning in closer just so he could smell Chad. He would purposely lean in closer so their skin would touch.

Whenever their skin would touch, Dylan's breath would hitch. He liked Chad's warm skin against his, and he wished he could just hug him and kiss him. And those lips. He didn't know why he was craving for Chad's lips even though he hadn't tasted it in the first place. All he knew was he wanted to kiss him, but he couldn't. He couldn't because he didn't want it to associate himself with a boy. He found himself falling in love with Chad every day, and he wished he could have the balls to tell him how he felt. But he had always considered himself a coward.

It took a lot of time for him to say that he was attracted to Chad.

It took days, weeks, in order to say to himself that he was attracted to a guy, and that he wanted to be in a relationship with a guy. His little sister, Diana, knew of Chad. Of course, she would. Whenever Dylan would go home, he would tell his little sister about Chad and how she would like him. Diana came to like Chad even though they hadn't met.

When he was finally ready to tell Chad about his feelings, Isaiah came in like a jealous bastard and told him in his face that Chad and him were dating. Dylan wished he would have been early. He wished he could have told Chad when he started to fall for him, and now, he couldn't because he was now in a relationship with Isaiah.

Fucking Isaiah.

On that day, he told Isaiah there was nothing to worry about because he didn't play for the same team. It was only a half-truth, though. He only wanted Chad, and he couldn't see himself with another guy.

Still, Dylan considered Chad de Guzman as the one that got away.

And he wished he could have asked him about. Chad would have been his boyfriend had he confessed at an early time, and now he had to suffer. He had to suffer by thinking about how Chad was supposed to be his, that he was supposed to be in Isaiah's shoes. He wished he could have been Isaiah. He wished Chad would have been his boyfriend.

But he could only wish.

Dylan could only wish and stare at the boy who made his heart beat again after being heartbroken. Dylan Taylor could only wish it could have been him. It could have been him and no one else.

Dylan Taylor could only wish, and there was nothing he could do about it.