- C H A P T E R * * N I N E T E E N -

Author's Note: I have created a reading lists called "My Co-Authors' Books Section". If you have time, I request you check that out. I want to help my co-authors to get as many readers as possible. You may also leave feedback on their story so the author knows what to improve on his or her work. Let's help each other out, yeah?

Also, if you want me to include your story into the list, just let me know. Message me if you need help with your story, and I'll be glad to help you out. But please do send a message on my Instagram. I rarely check my Wattpad inbox.

Thank you and I love you all.

~

Dylan pulls me to the area where there aren't a lot of students

Dylan pulls me to the area where there aren't a lot of students. The school has conducted a random fire drill, and without my knowledge, I thought it was real. I thought there was fire going on, and I legit panicked. Dylan told me that it's only random, and it happens once in a wheel. That's the school's way of letting everyone know how important it is to follow the protocols when there's an emergency.

Back in the Philippines, fire drill practices are scheduled ahead of time. Every student would know when it's going to occur, and what time. By then, everyone would be really prepared. But here, this is the only time I've experienced this. In fact, I was about to show "mama" when Dylan told me that this is a routine.

I feel embarrassed because I felt like stupid.

But Dylan assured me that it's all right and there's nothing to worry about. I shake my head, trying to get air as much as possible as I feel suffocated, and look at the crowd of students right under the sun in the parking lot.

"Are youfr all right?" Dylan asks me, looking at me worriedly.

"Yes, I am." I nod my head, giving him a half smile. "Jesus, I thought I was going to die. I seriously thought there was a fire going on. I never knew there was a practice like this here. I could have been more prepared."

Dylan chuckles, his eyes crinkling as he shows his pearly white teeth. The drill lasts for a couple of more minutes, and the principal decides that we get to have another free time after the lunch, and yes, we deserve that. At least I do. Dylan slings his arm around my neck and pulls me closer, telling his team to stop teasing me about it.

The crowd disperses and heads back inside the school, and I take my time to walk and breath the air to calm down myself. Dylan joins me while the rest of his team heads back. I take a seat on the parking gutter, taking a deep breath as I stare out into the sky. Dylan takes a seat beside me and I look at him funnily.

"What?" he asks me, still grinning.

"Why aren't you back there?"

"Why aren't you back there?" he throws the question back at me, and I roll my eyes at him. Dylan starts humming and I move my head slowly, listening to his tune. I smile, finally relaxing. "You know, we should hangout, just the two of us. I feel like I need a break from everything."