- C H A P T E R ** S E V E N -

Lunch time has come, and I'm more than happy to take a break from solving complex mathematical equations

Lunch time has come, and I'm more than happy to take a break from solving complex mathematical equations. That short quiz Mrs. Gordon really took me by surprise, and I mean literally. So when the bell rang, I hastily got out of my seat and sped away. We didn't have the chance to know the answer, or how many scores we got, but at that point I really didn't care. I know I did good, but come on, it's mathematics - it's the subject where almost everyone makes a mistake.

"Mind if I join you?" Dylan asks me as he takes a seat beside me. On his tray, there are burger, fries, and a Velda chocolate lowfat milk drink. Dylan is indeed a fit guy, but I'm not sure how he maintains his current physique when he's eating a lot of unhealthy foods. He doesn't seem the type to always hit the gym.

Meanwhile, in my case, while I know I'm fit, I don't have to be cautious about what I eat because really, even if you make me eat a bunch of burgers and fries, and lots of cries, I wouldn't get any fat. Some would say this is a curse, and some would say this a blessing, but I consider my metabolism works fast.

I nod. "You already took a seat right before you even asked me."

"Shut up," he chuckles as he takes a small bite of his burger. "So how's your day going?" - I make a face - "that bad, huh? Well, I can't blame you. I've been wanting to leave school right before I entered the premises, but meh, my mother would kill me if I did that or if she ever knew I cut classes."

"Mothers are really scary, huh."

"Yep, pretty much everyone is scared of their mothers."

"So you cut classes," I repeat what he said and he narrows his eyes at me. I throw my hands up in surrender, suppressing a laugh. "I'm not going to blackmail you, Dylan. I tried to cut class once, but never again. My mom found out but never grounded me, but she was really angry."

"She must have been pretty pissed for you to stop cutting classes,"

"She was," I let out a chuckle at the memory.

I was actually a first-year high school, or in foreign's term, I was at my high school freshman year when I tried to cut class. I was one of the boys who were always hanging out at the back of the classroom. You know the boys at the back - if they're there, it's either they're making trouble or they could talk with their friends about ladies. So yeah, I was part of that group. So the boys were talking about cutting class as they wanted to try new computer shop that had recently opened, so I was invited. Being at my naive stage, of course I agreed, so I joined with them.

The school actually had a gate at the back that had no guards. The gate was permanently closed and it remained always unguarded. So we took the chance to climb out, and then we were outside, freedom at our hands.

That day was actually fun. We played Counter Strike, and Defense of the Ancient. All the budget I had for that day was spent, all of it. But since I was with my friends, I really didn't care. I usually save money, but that day was an exception. We just kept playing, extending hours and hours until we felt like we needed to go. But when I came home, my mom was already waiting for me.