Chapter 16

***We're getting into some of my favorite chapters in this book. You will like, I promise! <3

Also, when you see the double/triple enter in Nya's POV, it just means there's a time gap. It should be pretty easy to tell.

Also, sorry for less updates this week, but I've been really busy.***

***(Nya's POV; song for this chapter: "One Thing" by One Direction)***

"You know what's annoying the heck out of me?" Skylor asks as I sit down next to her.

I hand over some of the notes Jay and I have compiled for the wedding shower. "That neither Nadakhan nor Pythor have made an appearance in a week?"

She pushes the notes aside. "Nya, what's annoying is that you and Jay have been back in contact for a week now, yet you haven't confessed your feelings for him yet. He's not a clingy butt anymore. What's with you?"

"I've tried playing it cool,

But when I'm looking at you,

I can't ever be brave

'Cause you make my heart race."

Okay, yes, being around Jay when he's back to normal - yet not mine - is annoying, but I'm not going to give her the satisfaction of hearing that.

I roll my eyes. "Skylor – "

"Don't say my name like that, young lady," she smirks.

Again, I roll my eyes. "You sound like an old Karen."

"I'm practicing for later."

"You mean, you're practicing your mom-ness for the fake child you and Kai were supposedly having?" I'm still salty about that.

She blushes. "That was your brother's spur-of-the-moment idea, not mine. And we both know any ideas he has are entirely stupid. Well, besides proposing to me or taking care of you. Those are two good ones."

"The only two." I shake my head. "Skye, Jay and I aren't an item because we're both still messed up."

"You haven't talked about doubting your decision to stay in Ninjago City since he got back on the team. I think he's very good incentive for you to stay, apparently."

"Shot me out of the sky,

You're my kryptonite.

You keep making me weak.

Yeah, frozen and can't breathe."

My cheeks flush. "You're wrong. I just don't talk to you about my doubts." I talk to Jay or Cole. I'm honestly scared of what Skylor could see in my head.

She raises an eyebrow. "Maybe, but Jay also makes you want to stay, doesn't he?" She nonchalantly looks down at the notes. "You know, I've always thought you two would make a good couple."

"But Jay is still dealing with so much with his mom's loss, and even if he isn't so clingy anymore, he still could revert back to that, Skylor."

"You're right – but then, he could become clingy at any stage in your relationship, Nya. It'd be a shame if he moved on from you and you missed your chance, just because you're scared."

"Oh, what am I scared of now? You all seem to think I have horrible insecurity issues." Which, admittedly, I did have until two weeks ago. They're...getting better.