sisters reunited (19)

A cold breeze ruffles my hair as I unlock the door of my house. I go in and close it behind me. Mom is nowhere is sight, so I go to my room to get changed.

I pick a red woollen sweater and black tights. Once I've changed, I go back to the kitchen and get myself some water. I'm gulping it down when mom comes in.

"I was about to start making dinner. You can help me." She washes her hands and then I do the same.

"What were you planning on making?" I ask her.

"Some lasagne, maybe." She suggests and I nod my head vigorously to show my enthusiasm.

She takes out the strips and I put the water on the stove. In an hours time the lasagne's in the oven for baking. I clear the kitchen and then join mom in in the living room. She's watching TV. I sit down next to her and soon I start to doze off. But before I can fall asleep, the door bell rings.

I grudginly get up to see who it is. When I open the door there's Ella with Leo asleep against her shoulder. I take him from her and carry him in. I take him to the guest room and tuck him into bed. Then I return to the living room where mom and Ella are.

They both look up when I walk in.

"Why are you here at this hour?" Mom asks, clearly worried because of her tone.

"I just...I just couldn't take it any more." She replies with a sigh.

"Couldn't take what anymore?" I ask her.

"The fact that I'd stormed out of my mother's house for no reason at all." She tries to explain.

I understand what she means. "But you did have a reason. I touched a topic that you were uncomfortable with and I pushed you to talk about it. I'm the one who should be apopologizing. Not you."

"It's okay. I'm sorry too." She tells me. I'm about to get up and hug her for being a good elder sister. But I'm stopped by the oven's bell going off. I get it out and then call the others for dinner. We all eat in silence till what happened with William comes back to my mind.

I shovel food faster into my mouth.

"Are you alright?" Ella asks me.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I ask her even though I know the answer already.

"You're eating as if you haven't had anything to eat for ages." She replies, smiling.

I franctically search my brain for something that can help me change the topic. I think and think. All of a sudden it comes to me and I blurt out.

"Can I go?"

"Go where?" Mom asks raising an eyebrow.

"The royal family is going to their beach house and my name is on the list of housemaids. I have to let them know by tomorrow." I explain.

"Sure. It's perfectly fine with me. As long as you want to." She tells me.

"I want to." I say.

We go back to eating. I have hardly any time to think about anything else except what's been going on at work. I completely forgot that I'm only twenty and that at this stage of life girls my age have boyfriends and they like partying and stuff.

I haven't had any time at all to think about my social life. This is something that Ella brings up once we've had dinner and are back in the living room. Mom went to bed and it's just the two of us.

"How long has it been since you went on a date?" She asks me.

I rack my brains and the last one which comes up was two years ago.

"It was two years ago. A week after graduation. I had Biology with him. But I found out after a couple of days that he already had a girlfriend. So, I ditched him for her sake." I tell her.

"Two years! Wow! That is a long time to go without dating especially at your age." She says and I nod my head in reply.

"With dad gone and mom nearly loosing her head. I had enough on my plate." I tell her.

She presses her lips together and seems to think about something. Then after a few minutes of silene she speaks up.

"How about a double date?" She suggests.

"Double date? Who's going to be my date and who else is going?" I ask confused.

"Me and Henry. And you can go with Simon." She tells me.

"His brother?" I ask.

She nods in reply. I think over it and then reply. "Let's do it."

I have no idea why I agreed. But I know one thing for sure, I have been missing my social life.

In case you didn't understand. Henry is Ella's husband and Simon is his brother.

PLZ PLZ PLZ COMMENT!!! I would really appreciate it if you guys would comment :)

The story's almost reached 1K reads! yaay!

It was slow but still finally it did get there! :)

~