motherly advice (46)

"What time do you have to get there?" Ella asks, biting into a sandwich.

"I don't know. He just said that he'll pick me up."

She nods. "Well you better go get changed."

I head towards my room. I'm back home but there are always guards positioned outside the house. No one is allowed in or out except Ella. Mom doesn't know about my kidnapping.

Ella and I decided to keep it from her since she's already been through a lot, lately.

I have to go back to the palace today because the threesome (that's what I like to call Mason, Simon and Thalia) are coming to the palace today to "take over."

William would've let me stay home if this had been private business but since it's going to be aired live for everyone to see, I have to be there.

I brush my hair and let it hang loose around my shoulders. Through experience I have learned that in awkward situations your hair always gives you something to do. Thus, helping you.

When I go back to the kitchen Ella is nowhere in sight. But mom is drinking a glass of water.

"You shouldn't have got out of bed." I say.

"I just couldn't stand it anymore." She grumbles.

"Stand what?"

"Being baby-sat by you two." She gulps down water.

I smile. "You stayed up nights to watch over us as we slept when we children. So, it's about time we started paying you back."

She sighs. "Children shouldn't have to pay back their parents."

"Mom..." I trail off because she says. "I know. I know. I just need to get used to all this."

There you go just the very reason why we didn't tell her.

I turn around to pour myself a glass of water when she suddenly says. "You should."

I turn around to face her. "Should what?"

"William's a good choice for you." She tells me.

Huh? "Wh...What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"Didn't you ask me for advice in the hospital?" She smiles and winks at me. The moment comes rushing to me and hits me in the face like a slap.

"Can I share a secret with you? I've always been in love with the prince. And yesterday he confessed his feeling for me. I want us to be together but I'm not sure since look where it got dad. Can you tell me whether I should go for it or not?"

I wait for her to reply but just as I feared, no reply comes.

The glass slips from my hand and shatters at my feet.

I stutter. "How...Yo...You were..."

She walks over and hugs me. "You thought I couldn't hear you? But I could. A mother never turns her back on her children. I heard everything that went on."

"But then William?" I ask.

She nods, smiling. Crap! She knows that he came to visit me at the hospital. The moment wasn't so private after all.

At that same moment Ella walks in and stops in her tracks.

"Please don't tell me that you dropped this." She groans.

"I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." I hurriedly apologize.

I take out the brush and dust pan and start to sweep the pieces into it when there's a knock on the door. Ella rushes over to me and grabs the things from my hand.

She pushes me towards the door. "Go on! Prince Charm...Prince William awaits!"

The glare I give her makes her correct herself. Taking a deep breath, I open the door to find a breath taking William clad in a black suite waiting for me. His hair looks ruffled as if he ran out of time while getting dressed.

"Hi!" He says.

I give him a quick smile before closing the door and stepping out. "Hey."

I want to kiss him so badly but there are a lot of guards looking at us, so I refrain myself from throwing myself into his arms.

He leads me to his car and we drive off. Soon I realize that we're not going to the palace.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"The court." He simply replies, his eyes fixed on the road.

"But weren't they supposed to meet us there?" I ask confused.

"Don't worry." He says taking hold of my hand and rubbing it. At once my stomach lurches but I give his hand a squeeze and look out of my window.