He wants me (36)

Did I hear it right?

Did William just say that he wants us to be together?

No! This can't be right. He's a price and I'm a housemaid...Was a housemaid. But still.

All these thoughts rush through my head and I know that I'm blushing like crazy. I look at William who's staring at the ground and flipping his phone over and over in his hand.

I wait for him to say something more but he doesn't. Which makes sense because he's said more than his share.

I clear my throat and softly ask. "But why?"

He looks up and our eyes meet. He holds my gaze for a few seconds and then looks away.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" He asks. I nod and he continues.

"I bumped into you and fell in love with you at the same time. I forced Thalia (his stepmother) to give you the job because I knew otherwise I wouldn't get to see you again. But then you got fired and I was lost. I didn't know what to do. So, I opened up a new spot in my company."

I cut in. "Wait. But you said that you needed an assistant. That's who I  am. Then why the new spot?"

"The assistant was the new spot. I never had one before you."

This makes my heart leap. He did all this...for me.

I open and close my mouth like a fish but no words come out.

He catches my gaze and says. "But it's totally fine, if you don't want this." And I know that he means it. He'll live with it. But I won't be able to.

In no time I'm out of my seat and fly into his open arms.

He holds me close and I bury my face into his coat clad shoulder.

"I've wanted you for so long." He tells me.

"Me too." I reply.

Without pulling away he places a gentle kiss on my cheek which makes butterflies in my stomach.

A knock on the door makes us spring apart. I pick up the papers I was studying while William answers the door.

I saw the look in his eyes before he went to get the door.

The look showed that he means what he said.

He wants me.

Please do comment!

~