back to the cafe (32)

William opens the car's door for me and I get in. After shutting my door he gets in himself and we drive off.

Never would I have thought that I would be in the same car as the prince. Let alone going out for coffee with him. This is a dream come true.

I'm jerked out of my thoughts when he speaks  up. "What are you doing these days?"

"Nothing. I just stay by mom's side 24/7." I reply, staring ahead at the road.

"Does that mean that you haven't found a new job yet?" He asks.

"I haven't." I give in.

"How are you managing on your own then?" He asks me.

"I have some money left and then there are some savings too." I haven't shared my money needs with anyone but I feel like spilling all details right now because I'm filled to the brim.

He lets the topic drop for which I'm glad.

Soon he stops the car outside a cafe and we get out. But the moment I look at the building, I feel like getting back into the car and going back where I came from.

William notices that I'm glued to the spot. "Coming?"

I nod and follow him in. I don't want to go in because it's the same cafe I used to work at and was fired from. Now Sophie works here. I take a deep breath before entering.

We sit at a small table in the corner opposite from each other. Soon a waitress comes up to get our order.

It's Sophie. "Hey Cassy! What are you doing here?"

I don't know what to say so I just motion towards my "date." Apparently she hadn't noticed him before I pointed it out. She at once composes herself and says.

"Good evening sir."

"Good evening. What will you be serving us?" He asks her.

She hastily pulls out menus and sets them before us. Without even glancing at it, I order a Cappucino. William orders the same and Sophie leaves to get them.

We just in silence for a few minutes, before I say. "This is really awkward, isn't it?"

"I don't disagree." He says, leaning forrward on his elbows.

At the same moment Sophie comes back with the coffee and we thank her.

I  take a sip and set the mug down, before asking. "Why did you ask me out?"

"I just wanted to see you." The reply catches me off guard.

"See...See me?" I ask shocked.

He nods and I stare at him in surprise. Did he just say he wanted to see me? Why would he say that? Does he...?

"Was that wrong of me?"  He asks.

"No!" I want to slap myself for sounding so eager. He smiles at this and I blush like crazy.

My phone starts to ring which makes me jump. I pull it out to see that it's Ella. I start to panic because it could be about mom. I press answer and hold it to my ear.

Me: "Hey. Is everything alright?"

Ella: "Yeah. Everything's fine."

I heave a sigh of relief. Me: "Then what is it?"

Ella: "How's the date going?"

Me: "Are you kidding me?"

Ella: "No! Tell me!"

I pull the phone away and say. "One second." To William before getting up from the table and going to the restroom.

I turn back to Ella. "Everything's good." We talk for a few more minutes before I go back to William.

"I've been thinking." He says as I sit down.

"About what?" I ask.

"You need a job. And I can offer you one." He says.

"Really?" I'm unable to cover my happiness. He nods and conitinues.

"Most people don't know about this but I own a buisness and my assistant resigned, so the spots open. Do you want it?" He asks.

He's offering me a job as his assistant??? What??? Is this real???

"Cassandra?" It snaps me back to attention. "Do you want it?" He asks.

I nod my head and say. "Yeah. Thank You."

Soon we get back into his car and we drive back to the hospital. When he stops the car, I unbuckle my seat belt and am about to open the door when a hand on my shoulder stops me.

I turn around to look at him. "You start from the day after tomorrow. That's Monday. I'll have someone send the details."

With this he leans down and kisses me. I should pull away but I don't and deepen the kiss. When we pull away, he smiles at me and I get out because I can't process what just happened.

I just kissed the prince. I just kissed Wiliam. I just kissed my crush.