Chapter 19

Niall’s POV

I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I get to spend the whole day with Isla. Zayn, Louis and Liam all made plans with their girlfriends and Harry had plans with his mom, so I asked Isla if she wanted to spend the day with me. 

I finished getting ready and I was on my way to pick up Isla at Harry’s place. I arrived at the house and checked myself in the mirror before I got out and walked up to the front door. I took a deep breath and then knocked on the door. 

Isla opened the door and the second that she did, I smiled from ear to ear. Immediately, she put her arms around me and I could smell the Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion that she always wears. Instantly, it brought back memories of when I would hold her and then smelling the perfume when it would stick to my clothes. 

“Ni-Ni, how are you?” she asked me as she stopped the hug and pulled me inside the house.

“I’m great. Excited for today,” I answered still smiling.

“Me, too!” she exclaimed, “what are we doing today?” 

“It’s a surprise,” I said. 

She groaned but then she smiled again, “it just sucks that we can’t go out.” 

“Yeah, I know. That’s why I have a fun day planned for us,” I said. “First, we are going to bake.”

She laughed and said, “why am I not surprised that the first thing you have planned involves food?”

“Because you know me too well,” I replied. 

“Well, let’s start!” she said excitedly. 

We walked into the kitchen and gathered all of the things that we’d need. We also put on music. We got all of the ingredients mixed together; we were just waiting for the oven to preheat. 

“Oh, I need to sneeze,” Isla said. Her face scrunched up and she put her hand up to her face to block the sneeze. She faced me and when she sneezed she opened her hand and blew flour straight at my face.

I stood there shocked as she started laughing her head off.

“Oh, you think that’s funny?” I said with a grin on my face. I ran a finger into the batter and faced her. 

“You wouldn’t,” she said, still laughing. 

“Oh, I would,” I said, raising my eyebrows at her. 

She backed away slowly as I walked towards her. She stopped against the wall and grabbed my wrist to stop me.

“Niall, no,” she said threateningly.

I just smiled at her as my wrist slowly made its way towards her face.

“Niall, plea--” she got cut off as I ran my battered finger over her nose. Her mouth opened into a wide ‘O’ shape as she stared at me with a dumbfounded expression.

“I can’t believe you did that,” she said to me.

“Well, it was only fai--”, I started to say but somehow she had grabbed a can of whipped cream and sprayed it on the top of my head and on my face. 

“I’m sorry, what were you saying?” she said sarcastically before she started giggling.

I thought of something to get her back so I took both of hands and scraped some of the whipped cream off of my hair and smothered it on her cheeks. 

By now, me and Isla treated this as a fun experience and we started laughing. She grabbed the can of whipped cream again and sprayed it non-stop on me wherever she could get. I turned around and grabbed the bowl of cake batter and was about to turn towards Isla again but she jumped on my back and smushed an egg on my head. I grabbed a handful of batter and reached over my head and wiped it all over her hair. She screamed as she jumped off of my back and grabbed the bag of flour. We stood in front of each other, laughing and breathing hard, ready to take the next move.