Chapter 53

Isla's POV

"Babe, what do you want to do for your birthday next week?" I asked. I tried to sound nonchalant and kept my eyes on my laptop in case I'd give the surprise away.

He shrugged as he kept his eyes on the football game on the TV while stuffing his face with popcorn. "I don't know. Maybe just have a small party." He looked over at me and I couldn't help but look back at him as he smiled at me. "And maybe spend the day with you before the party?"

I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. "I would love that."

He gave me one more smile before turning back to the TV. My plan was going perfectly. Now, Niall thought that we would be celebrating his birthday next weekend. Little did he know that tonight, we were having his surprise party. I would take Niall out for dinner tonight while the guys and their girlfriends get the party ready at our place.

Yes, I moved back with Niall. And it was the perfect way to reconnect with him. It's been a week since we left the hospital and we've spent practically every minute together. He's taken me out on a date every night and it felt like it was our first dates. I got butterflies every time he'd pretend to "pick me up" for our date, where he would knock on our front door and hand me a bouquet of flowers.

It was perfect.

He was perfect.

"We should get ready soon. Our reservation is at 5:00."

"Okay. The game's almost done."

I turned off my laptop before getting up and going to our bedroom to start getting ready. We usually go out for dinner at 7:00 but because of the party, we had to get back earlier.

I put on my makeup and put my hair in loose curls before going over to my closet to pick out my outfit. I was dressing for dinner but I would also be dressing for the party so I chose a little black dress with an open back and thin straps that crossed over to the bottom of my back. I matched the dress with a pair of simple black stiletto pumps. I started putting on my earrings and as I was putting on the second one, Niall came into the bedroom and did a double take when he looked over at me on the way to the closet.

"Wow, you look amazing."

I smiled at him. "Thanks." I walked over to the dresser and grabbed my perfume before spritzing myself a couple of times.

I thought Niall had gone into the closet to get dressed so I jumped when I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist.

"Niall, you scared me."

I tried to spin around to face him but he wrapped his arms tighter, keeping me in place. He placed his lips on my neck as he pulled me closer to him.

"N-Niall, go get ready. We...have to leave soon," I breathed. I tried really hard to resist him but I was failing.

"Niall." I turned my head towards him as he finally pulled back. "We have to--"

He interrupted me with a kiss as he loosened his grip around my waist, allowing me to finally face him. He pushed me slightly until I felt my back hit the dresser. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his rested on my hips. I pulled back once I was able to maintain a tiny bit of control but Niall only moved his lips over to my neck.

"Niall," I gasped. "We...have to...go."

"Just 5 more minutes," he said against my skin.

"You're gonna mess up my hair and makeup."

"Just do it again." His lips never left my neck.

"Do you know how long it took me to get ready?" I laughed. "I won't have time to do it again."