Chapter 27

Niall’s POV

It’s been a week since I’ve had that horrible dream about Isla and since then, I’ve been doing all that I can to find out where she is. I started with her parents but they told me that they didn’t know where she was. But I got the feeling that they did but didn’t or couldn’t tell me. Then I contacted all of Isla’s friends but no luck there, either. I tried to ask them in a way that wouldn’t make them suspicious, I just pretended and said that I’ve been busy with the band and I haven’t been able to reach her lately.

I would contemplate asking my fans on Twitter if they’ve seen her but I couldn’t risk the negative things that would come from it. They might give me false information and it might spread around the world and cause craziness in the media. So I decided against it.

Each day brings me nothing about Isla’s whereabouts but I never give up, not even a little. I would do anything for her, I would risk my life for her. 

Thinking this made me remember about the first time that I started having strong feelings for her. 

When we first met at Dani’s party, I developed a small crush on her but I didn’t do anything about it because I knew that Harry liked her and I could tell that she liked him back. And when they started going out, I grew a bit jealous. But I couldn’t let it bother me because soon, we had grown to be really close friends.

I kept telling myself that I don’t have feelings for her anymore but every time I see her, I instantly get happier, my smile gets bigger and my heart beats faster. But then Harry would come and hold her, kiss her, whisper things in her ear that would make her blush and giggle. What I would do to be the one that gets to make her happy every day. But I learned to let it go, I had to, or I would risk ruining our friendship.

After the most difficult few months of my life, I was able to take my feelings for her and put it behind me. I only wanted her happy and if being with Harry made her happy, I had to accept that.

But then there was the day that her and Harry broke up….

~Flashback~

I was on my way to Isla’s house. She had texted me and said that she needed to talk to someone so I told her I’d be there right away. 

I drove up to her driveway and parked the car. I quickly got out and ran up to her door and knocked. A few seconds later, she opened the door and what I set my eyes on broke my heart.

Isla was crying.

I quickly walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her.

“Isla, what’s wrong?” I asked frantically.

She started sobbing. “Me and H-Harry just broke up,” she said in between gasps. My eyes went wide at what she had just told me. I suddenly got angry. 

“What?! Why’d he break up with you? Where is he? I’ll kill him,” I said, pulling back and looking at her tear-streaked face. I was very protective of Isla and I hated seeing her hurt. And it doesn’t matter who hurts her, I would hurt them for hurting Isla.

“No, Niall,” she said, avoiding my gaze, “I was the one that broke up with him.”

Again, I was shocked with what I had just heard. I stood there speechless. I never thought that they would ever break up, especially Isla being the one to break things off. 

And soon, she started sobbing again.

I pulled her back into my arms and started rubbing her back, trying to comfort her. “Oh, Isla, I’m so sorry. Shh, it’ll be alright.”