Chapter 7

21st of August...

Bismarck walked over to where Enterprise, Yorktown, Essex and Bunker Hill were. "I need your help with something..." After hearing what the battleship had said, they all smiled as they started to prepare.

The next day...

The 'bots knew very well what this day was. Grabbing the things they needed, they activated their holoforms and picked up the small charm Lightning left them, teleporting to the front of Azur Lane's base. A certain battleship was waiting for them there.

Timeskip!(brought to you by Yamato firing 18 inch guns)

Lightning groaned as she got out of bed, getting ready for a new day. Glancing at the calendar, she realised what day it was and let out a soft sigh, thinking, No one probably knows... The minute she stepped out of her room, someone slipped a black cloth around her eyes, blocking her field of sight. 

"It's me." The person said. Lightning recognised the familiar voice and relaxed slightly. Bismarck could be trusted, right? Slowly, Bismarck led Lightning to a certain area, pulling off the blindfold once they arrived. Blinking as she adjusted to the change in amount of light, Lightning could make out... Bismarck, Enterprise, Yorktown, Essex, Bunker Hill and... She choked out a sob. Had it really been so long? She dashed forward towards the 'bots, hugging each one of them tight. 

"I missed you guys so much..." she whispered. 

Wheeljack just ruffled her hair, grinning, "Good to see you again, kiddo." Optimus observed Lightning. She had changed so much. Lightning had grown a little taller, her hair was almost reached her waist, she looked more well-built yet still graceful. His spark ached when he saw her again. Lightning hugged Optimus tight, tears of happiness streaming down her face. 

"I missed you so much, every night I would gaze at the stars and... and remember you..." After the reunion, Lightning got to know what the 'bots had been doing back on Cybertron, which was almost completely restored. 

As Lightning blew out the candles on the cake, she wished, I wish that everyone I love will always be safe and well. Optimus had given her a star shaped pendant, hoping that whenever she had it when she was stargazing, she would feel as though he was by her side. Enterprise didn't say anything, just placed Lightning's captain's hat on her personally. 

"Lightning, you have grown much since you came here to Azur Lane. This is why, I would consider you an equal now, wear this hat always, Lightning," Enterprise announced as Lightning accepted it with tears shining in her eyes. 

Bismarck stepped forward and put a moonstone bracelet on Lightning's wrist, saying, "Lightning, I have known you for so long now and I hope that this bracelet will represent our everlasting friendship." Lightning just nodded, words lodged in her throat as she gazed at Bismarck who just smiled slightly. As for Ratchet... 

"Do you want to continue the duel?" he asked, referring to what had happened a year ago. There was a flash of light as they were all teleported to a large, grassy plain, Ratchet in his 'bot form. 

All of them looked rather surprised and Lightning started,"Lightningstar 22's Authoress powers... oh scrap I've said too much! Never mind, let's start, shall we?"  

Ratchet got his armada of wrenches while Lightning just took her katana and bow. 

"Begin." Ratchet threw his wrenches with deadly accuracy at Lightning, but she just leaped and ducked, twisting this way and that. Swinging her katana, she blocked the wrenches thrown at her with ease. 

She has improved... Optimus thought as he watched them. Sliding down on her knees, Lightning avoided yet another wrench being thrown at her. She took a deep breath, drawing her bow and releasing the bowstring. A flame orange bolt of light flew from it, turning into a F-35 and she drew and arc in the air, leaping on the plane, causing Optimus to gasp in shock. Balancing on the plane, Lightning shot more arrows at the speed of light, all heading straight for Ratchet, knocking him down as Lightning leaped from her plane, landing on her feet. Enterprise had a look of satisfaction when she saw this. 

"Fine... you win..." Ratchet ground out, looking very reluctant to admit defeat again. 

Just then, Lightning's eagle flew to her, landing on her shoulder. 

"Sirens." Lightning hissed as she looked in the direction Avenger came from. The shipgirls exchanged glances. 

"Let's go." Lightning said. The 'bots, not knowing where base was, just followed them in one of Lightning's planes, at a side such that they would not be harmed. Activating their wisdom cubes, the rigging of the shipgirls formed around them. Lightning felt the familiar surge of power as her rigging formed around her. Narrowing her eyes, she launched a few more planes, leaping onto one of them. With a nod to Enterprise, they started their attack. Lightning swung her katana left and right, shooting arrows with precise accuracy. 

Optimus was shocked at how talented she was here out on the battlefield. Lightning launched a bombing squadron before leaping off her plane, landing safely in the water. She jumped, avoiding a shell from a Siren before turning and kicking the Siren in the air, knocking the Siren down.  Lightning dodged, feinting to the right before swiping her leg below a Siren, shooting it with an arrow as it fell. Optimus had never seen her like this before. Merciless, fearless. A deadly opponent. Ratchet worried for her. Although she had improved, anything could happen on the battlefield. 

Lightning started yet another bombing run as she twirled around, slashing at a Siren creeping up on her and kicking the Siren away. Leaping onto one of her planes. Optimus' drew in a shocked gasp as Lightning leaped from her plane, landing on another that seemed so far away. Releasing her bowstring, another arrow shot out, killing another Siren. Slash, duck, shoot. Lightning seem flawless as she moved on the battlefield, dispatching of any Sirens that came across her. Lightning's long golden hair flew in the wind behind her as she sliced her katana left and right. 

All too soon, the Sirens had been defeated, Lightning and the other shipgirls pausing to catch their breath. Lightning had a few cuts and scrapes, as did the others, but apart from that, no one was severely damaged. The shipgirls glided back to base slowly, the 'bots following them. 

One hour later...

The 'bots were about to leave and Lightning felt the pain wash over her. 

Optimus walked up to her and spoke, "Lightning, the battlefield is a dangerous place to be. Make sure you are always careful. I... I'm sorry we have to leave..." he trailed off, seeing that Lightning had tears running down her face. 

"I missed you so much..." Lightning whispered, "I wish it didn't have to be this way..." 

"You made your choice, Lightning and I will respect that. Remember, you are strong in ways unimaginable. If you fall, get back up, never give up of give in. This was the choice you made. Have no regrets, Lightning. And, remember, I'll always be watching the stars with you."

Lightning just nodded, a tear falling from her eye as she watched the 'bots disappear in a brilliant flash of light...

Yay! Another chapter finally! This is taking forever, but I hope that I can finish the story within a month's time!

~Lightningstar out