Starting The Flame

If I'm going to start a fire,
you better be ready to watch the world burn. - Tina Greyblood
🔥

Tick...

Tock...

Tick...

Tock

Tick

Toc-

BOOM!

The small lobby of The Facility was thrown into chaos as the sudden explosion hit the room. The people inside, who had been going about their day nonchalantly without any worries, fell to the floor, covering themselves in unexpected fear and terror. Smoke began to clog the air, making it hard to breath and see.

As the room spun in panic, the front entrance, which had taken the blast, stood open to the world outside, it's glass doors shattered to pieces. Rain and harsh winds howled into the now unprotected and ruined lobby. A cold storm ravaged the outside world, and it was from that storm, a nightmare slowly appeared.

From among the smoke, rain, and chaos, a cruel figure stepped into the light. Lean and sharp, with wild blonde hair, flaming ice-blue eyes that glistened like daggers, and ghostly pale skin, stood Tina Greyblood.

Stepping over broken glass shards, Tina made her way to the center of the lobby, her heels tapping sharply against the floor, a dark leather handbag hanging in her grasp. Pausing momentarily, she surveyed the damage, then let out a small sniff, her crimson lips dropping into a distasteful sneer. Moving forward, she approached the reception counter desk, ignoring everyone around her.

"Afternoon." Tina said, placing her handbag on the counter. "Anyone home? I'd like to check-in for my appointment, if I may."

The receptionist, a small lady with black hair pulled up into a tight bun, who had taken cover under the counter, looked up at Tina, her eyes showing a mixture of horror and fear.

"You know, it's not very polite to keep patients waiting, especially when you're just going to gape at them like a fool." Tina said, her voice becoming dark with annoyance, her fingers tapping the counter impatiently.

The receptionist, whether it was from fear or stupidity, shakily picked herself up and faced Tina. It took a moment for her to collect her voice properly before speaking. "I'm s-sorry, ma'am, but we don't have any appointments registered for you."

"Really?" Tina gave her a surprised look. "You sure about that, honey?"

"Yes, ma'am. I-I-I'm very sure."

"Are you really, really, reaallllyyy sure?"

"Like I said before, yes. We have n-," the lady's words were lost as a bullet blew her backwards onto the floor, instantly killing her.

"Of course you have no appointment for me." Tina smiled out wickedly, a silver handgun suddenly hanging from her thin fingertips. "I just had to double-check your security."

With that, Tina went behind the counter, and hitting a lever, sent red lights and sirens blaring throughout the building. Back at the entrance, men dressed in all black loaded with weapons began to flood into the space.

"They're all yours, loves!" Tina called out to her men, pointing to the people still crouched on the floor. "Have fun!"

The men wasted no time opening fire after the command was given. Screams of terror filled the room once again, and the sounds of death echoed among the walls.

Stepping away from the counter, Tina glanced down at the dead lady and decided to toss her the silver gun.

"There's a present for you, love. You've been such a service to me today, so please do enjoy. It's the least I could possibly do for you."

Before leaving, she noticed, out of the corner of her eye, a small container of lipstick resting on the counter, hidden from view.

"What's this, my dear? Left me a present as well? Oh, you're too kind." Picking it up, she uncapped it, and twisting it, carefully applied it to her lips. Puckering her lips, she gave herself a quick look in the reflective screen of a nearby computer.

"Not bad, honey. " Tina said, looking back down at the dead lady with approval. "You got some killer taste in makeup."

Stepping over her body, and picking up her handbag, Tina left the counter behind and began to make her way deeper into the building, laughing insanely.

She never looked back once as she left the lobby behind, her lips shining an even deeper red with her eyes flashing more deadly than ever before.

*