Chapter 37

Aiden's POV

''Why are you guys home so early?'' mum asked as she put down her newspaper to get up from her chair and hug Elliot, then me. 

''We have a group project and were allowed to work at home'' Elliot replied to mum as she ended her hug with me. For once, in a long time, we didn't lie to our parents about having a school assignment when we came home together. This time Elliot and I actually had schoolwork to do, which my mum was happy to hear us tell her as we got inside the house. It was safer telling her that we were doing homework than to tell Elliot's dad. That's because ever since the last time when we told him we had homework he busted us doing it, and he's been giving me a very intimidating look ever since.

Once we entered my bedroom, I wasn't too excited to get into work mode and instead threw myself down on my bed, smiling at Elliot who looked at me with his annoyed expression. ''What?'' I said with a teasing smile as Elliot crossed his arms in front of his chest. He was far from intimidating. I found it cute when he was, or tried to act angry. 

''Come on, let's get on with our assignment Aiden'' he said and approached me and tried to pull me off my bed. Instead, I pulled him down making him falling down on my chest and I captured him in my arms and held on to him tightly so he wouldn't be able to leave me. 

''Aiden stop, we need to work'' Elliot said and started to laugh as I was tickling him and held him tighter. I would rather stay like this with him instead of working with homework. 

Elliot was able to get out of my hold and stood in front of me with a serious expression, but I couldn't help but laugh. He was cute when he acted like this. He clearly tried his best to not laugh as my own laughter got out of control and I wasn't able to control it anymore. 

It didn't take too long until Elliot's wall was torn down and his frown started to turn upward while trying to keep himself cool, not that it was to any success. I started approaching him sneakily as I gathered a little control over my laughter and Elliot notices as he began walking backward. However, I had other plans. I leaped towards him and was ready to capture him once again.

Elliot lost contact with the floor and his balance was failing. He tripped over something and fell as he let out a scream of surprise as he tries to grab onto something to support his fall.

''Shit, I'm so sorry Elliot!'' I said in regret as I quickly got down to where he was laying. Why didn't I stop joking around while the mood was still good, I never meant to get Elliot hurt.

Elliot groaned as he rubbed the back of his head. ''Elliot, you're bleeding!'' I cried out before I put my arms under his back and behind his knees to lift him up. Elliot brought his hurt arm up to his chest and looked at it while I carried him inside my on-suite bathroom to tend to his wound.

''You know, I could have walked myself'' Elliot laughed as he turned his gaze from his bleeding arm to me. ''It's not even that bad'' he continued while I couldn't feel anything but guilt. I guess it was just a quick reflex to pick him up. Now I felt a little stupid for overreacting but I was too ashamed to tell him, and it was too late to put him down as we already got inside my bathroom.

I sat him down on the countertop and opened the cabinets to get some bandages. ''Jesus Aiden, this is too much'' Elliot explained with laughter. I could feel my cheeks turn a little bit red as I was searching my cabinets for a bandage.

After cleaning his wound until the bleeding had stopped and kissed it better, I placed a bandage that was big enough to cover the rift of skin and stroke his cheek. ''Sorry babe, I really didn't mean to hurt you'' I looked into his eyes and was happy to see him smiling at me.