40. Perfect Time

Literally how did I not notice that this chapter never got published. Here you go.
--------------------------

"Misuzu," Ryo called, holding a blueprint in front of her. Her brow furrowed as she attempted to interpret the instructions she had been given. "I'm not sure what you want me to do."

She glanced up, searching for the owner of the pension who always seemed to disappear. Yuu was busy helping Haruhi with folding laundry, the two working together to fold some of the bedsheets. A sigh escaped her as she sat down and continued to try and decipher the notes written with a variety of punctuations and faces. 

"What is it Ryo dear?" he chirped, suddenly at her side. 

She looked up, a dull look on her face. "When you asked if I could update your security, I did not expect to be installing a system."

"Oh, no! I just need you to add a few cameras and make sure the ones I have are still working!" he answered, frowning slightly. Ryo glanced down at the paper again. "That blueprint is from the original building design, but it's the only copy I have."

"Ah," she sighed. "Okay. Thanks."

"No, thank you! You and Yuu are so helpful whenever you come over, and with Haruhi here as well, this is certain to be a grand summer!"

Ryo smiled, turning back to her work as the older man twirled away once more. While unexpected, she was glad to be out in Karukizawa since it was much more peaceful and relaxed than the normal craze she was used to. Once her break here was done, she would be back at Ouran, working with her system again before students arrived after the summer. 

Yuu also seemed to enjoy the area, which was a bonus. 

The brunette brushed her hair back, gathering her things to bring back inside. There were a few cameras outside, but those were well-maintained because they were outside. She figured that the ones inside the building would be a little less cared for. Glancing up towards the ceiling, she noticed the cobweb covering a camera and sighed. 

Cleaning first, she supposed. 

Seeing that there weren't many guests at the moment, Ryo decided to grab the pair of cheap earbuds she had grabbed at a convenience store earlier in the break. She didn't listen to music often enough to invest in a good pair for personal use, but as this was also her vacation, she figured that it couldn't hurt. She hummed lightly under her breath as she tracked down the current cameras and took care of any dust in the ceiling corners that Misuzu missed. Ryo worked at a slow but steady pace, spending plenty of time with Yuu taking walks and just overall getting a chance to rest. Even Haruhi looked more relaxed than she had been in recent times, making the trip a success in Ryo's book. 

After a few days of work, she was finally able to get out a ladder and start working at the cameras. 

To her surprise, Misuzu and Haruhi had suggested a large number of songs for her to listen to since she normally didn't listen to much. 

Ryo sat at the top of the ladder, something she had already told Yuu to never do, working at fixing the old wiring. She muttered under her breath as she worked, either to the lyrics she had familiarized herself with or complaints about the camera. 

Suddenly, she felt someone knock on the ladder. 

Fully prepared to lecture whoever was at the bottom, she ripped out her headphones and glared down. To her surprise, Kyouya was looking up at her. Without the music in her ears, she could suddenly hear the voices of the other hosts. 

"Hello," Kyouya mused. 

"Why?" she simply sighed. "I informed you of this trip in hopes that you would discourage the hosts from arriving."

"The King was certain Haruhi had been kidnapped and sold into slavery. Who knows what scheme he would have come up with if I hadn't told him. Besides, Karukizawa seems to be a relaxing location."

Ryo smirked. "It was... Until you all arrived."

She glanced around the room, instantly noticing that while Haruhi felt just as exasperated as she did, Yuu had somehow fully captivated the twins. It was an odd sight, watching the two kneel in front of her brother as they listened to him eagerly chatter on. 

"Do you have the time to pause your work and take a break with us?" he asked, adjusting his glasses. 

"I'm kind of in the middle of something, but I can finish up rather quickly."

Staying true to her words, she shifted her focus back to the camera and made quick work of the wiring before setting it back in place and climbing down. 

"Ryo! Why didn't you tell us that you and Haruhi would be here?" Tamaki wailed, clinging to her. "You've never agreed to any of the vacations I've invited you to!"

"I wasn't that close to you before this year, Tamaki," she sighed, peeling him off. "Besides, I normally spend my breaks working so I have little time for vacations."

"Leave her be Tamaki," Kyouya sighed, causing her to laugh. 

"You should rest sometimes! You work too hard!" the blond pushed. 

She grabbed his face and looked him in the eye. "If it makes you feel better, I've been getting plenty of rest while I'm here. Yuu would tell Kyouya if I wasn't," she mused, calling her brother out. 

He had the gall to laugh at her. 

"Why you little-!" she exclaimed as he went even further to stick his tongue out at her, in perfect time with the twins. Completely shocked, she laughed, shaking her head. "You're lucky you're cute."

"Whoa, Hisakawa seems like a different person."

"She's much more carefree!"

The brunette proceeded to glare at the twins. "Watch it or else I'll prove you wrong."

Taking the moment to watch the others, Ryo sat down at the table they were gathered around, feeling Kyouya move to stand behind her. While she was a bit upset that they had suddenly crashed their peaceful vacation, she couldn't deny that it was nice to be around them without the stress of the guests that followed them around.