9. Unique Beauty

Ryo couldn't be sure if her wish had come true. She chalked it up to the fact that her wishes were normally rather vague.

She made her way out of the control room and out toward the courtyard. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, and it was certainly a beautiful sight.

But she needed to update the system so that she didn't have to stay there as the hosts yet again made a mess of her time and schedule.

An amused smirk filled her face as she wandered the garden, coming upon Kyouya selling collectable picture sets of the hosts. She made her way to his side, as he normally had few guests. He handed her one of the books, and she leafed through a few pages.

"You do realize, my system could get much better photos than this," she mused, handing the book back. A smirk filled his face.

"I may have to take you up on that offer, depending on how they sell."

Ryo found herself thanking the guests for coming and ushering them from the garden as the hosts began to speak of their more delicate subject. Without paying much attention, the hosts had begun talking about Haruhi's true gender.

"Have a nice day, the host club eagerly awaits your return!" she chirped, waving the last girl goodbye. With a slight groan, she hurried to where the rest of the hosts were.

"Physical exams are just around the corner."

Ryo froze, her warpath ending without another word. She had forgotten about physical exams. And it was true that Haruhi would be put in quite the pinch if her real gender got out.

"Kyouya, I took the liberty of seeing the guests off, as you began to discuss a sensitive topic around them," she informed him, pushing up her glasses. "I'll be leaving, but I remind you once again to let me know of such outings and plans- in advance."

With a shake of her head, Ryo walked off, mind already moving on to other plans. Yuu had successfully transfered into Ouran's middle school. However, she had found him asleep on his new mathbook, with 75 percent of the problems already completed. When asked, he had also read through many of his other subject books.

Yuu was almost too smart.

As her bag hit against her side, Ryo began the walk to the middle school. She easily ignored the looks that she recieved for being around the school. The brunette paused only to grab her phone, which had began vibrating in her pocket.

"This is Hisakawa speaking."

"Ah, good!" The cheerful voice of the chairman reached her. "I was hoping you would be able to answer."

"What can I do for you, sir?" Ryo asked. Not only was the chairman her main employer, but he had also done many things for her without anything in return.

"Nothing at all. Just keep up the good work," he chirped. "I just wanted to inform you that I didn't forget about your circumstances with the upcoming physical exam."

A relieved smile filled her face. "Thank you so much, Chairman."

"Call me Uncle, Miss Hisakawa!" he lightly scolded. Ryo chuckled as the call came to a close, luckily reaching the middle school gates.

Yuu was sitting up against the wall, his sketchbook propped up on his lap. She paused to watch him, grining when he smeared a bit of graphite on his nose. He was fully focused on his picture.

"Yuu, let's go." Instantly, his head snapped up and he tucked his things back into his bag.

"Hello, Ryo," he mumbled. She shot a look down at her brother. Something was off. However, she decided not to push it until they got home.

As soon as they did however, Yuu plopped onto the couch and simply stared at the wall. Ryo pursed her lips and approached the boy.

"Yuu..." she lightly called, giving him a knowing look.

"I don't want to talk about it," he grumbled.

"Fair enough," Ryo shrugged, falling onto the cushion next to him. "I was thinking about ordering take-out tonight, but I don't really want to call..."

"Can I do it?!" Yuu exclaimed, sitting up.

"Sure- if you tell me what's wrong," she offered, smirk on her face. Yuu groaned.

"Fine. I'm not doing good in my art class," Yuu stated, clearly frustrated.

Ryo blinked. "What? How are you not doing well?"

"I don't know!" Yuu spat. "I... I turn in my projects with everyone else, and then a day or so later, teacher asks if I'm going to turn in my project for partial credit. But I don't have anything to turn in!"

Ryo's eyes narrowed. "Alright. You can order takeout, I've got something I need to do really fast."

The brunette hurried to her room and flipped open her computer. The various systems filled the screen, and she quickly selected Ouran's. She didn't have nearly as many camera's at the elementary or middle schook level, as the security was tighter.

But the art and music rooms were monitored due to their busy and crowded rooms.

Ryo searched the fotage for a time when the students were turning in their projects. She watched as Yuu turned in a small canvas with his name clearly painted in the bottom corner. After he left the room, the teacher clearly painted over the name and signed their own.

A picture was taken, and uploaded onto a site, which Ryo quickly found to be an art auction website.

She groaned and rubbed her temples, cursing the conversation she was going to need to have with the chairman. She couldn't help but pity the teacher, who wasn't aware that Yuu included his signature into the focal piece as well.

"Yuu," she called. "I'm going to need a list of each project you've done, and where your signature is hidden."

When there was no reply, she made her way out into the living room to see the boy surrounded by pages of the guests from the ball. He replicated the designer dresses and hairstlyes with ease, giving each girl a unique beauty with their pose and expression.

Yuu really did have an artist's soul.