Part 1 - Chapter 6

Dylan's POV

I heard the door squeaking because someone was entering the room. I immediately recognized her scent and it became stronger the more she was getting closer. It's middle of the night, why is she even awake? Maybe she had nightmare again.

I felt her crawl under the cover and lied down next to me. I smiled to myself a bit and turned around. But my smile faded when I noticed tears on her face. She looked like she was crying for hours.

I pulled her closer to me and she put her arm over my torso, surprising me.
"What's wrong, baby? Why were you crying?" I asked her softly, surprising myself with the tone of my voice.
"I just keep having these dreams that someone was torturing you until you died. I'm scared." She let out a small sob that made me sad instantly.

"Oh, my beautiful baby. Nobody is going to kill me. You don't need to be scared while I'm here. I know how to protect myself and I will protect you no matter what." I explained to her while caressing her soft hair. She snuggled closer to me and tightened her arm around me. I kissed her head and fell asleep again.

****

I woke up with a smile. She had her hand in my hair and her head was on my shoulder. I can't believe how adorable mate I got. I don't know why Powers decided to give me human as my mate. But I love everything about her. I love her completely.

And she is all mine. Mine to cherish and mine to love. And I don't want ever to fail in making her happy even if it's not the best right now. But I'm trying to change and I will. For her I can do everything.

"Dylan?" She mumbled.
"Yes, baby?" I asked.
"Okay." She said. I chuckled and kissed her head. She is checking if I'm here. I gently placed her on the bed and got up. I went to the bathroom to wash myself.

I won't let her be in the other room anymore. She is going to sleep with me and we are going to share a room like I wanted in the begining. I asked her to choose when she was moving in because I didn't want her to be uncomfortable or scared of me, but she is fine now. And I hardly sleep when I now she is just a wall away from me.

I got out and saw her still sleeping in soon-to-be our bed. It was quite late so I decided to wake her up. I sat at the edge of the bed and put my hand in her hair. I caressed her hair slowly and called her few times until she woke up. I leaned down to kiss her when she pushed me away.

"Eww, don't kiss me when I haven't brushed my teeth yet." She said and got up, leaving me disappointed. I wanted to kiss her. I know she secretly likes when I kiss her or give her pecks. She also feels our mate bond and I know it, because she started to be more in my presence.

I went downstairs and made us breakfast. I put eggs and sausages on the plate. She came downstairs and sat on the bar stool. I couldn't resist but kiss her lips. Thez are so plump and soft, like a cushion. And I love when I see her flustered.

"I'll help you move your things in my room." I said bluntly. She looked at me confused.
"What are you talking about? I already have a room." She answered.
"Yeah, I know. But I want you to be with me. And you don't find any problem when you sleep with me." I smirked. I was right and she knows it.

She was keeping quiet and continued eating her food. She finished quickly and went upstairs. I know something was wrong by the look on her face and I know I did something wrong, again. Why does she have to be so complicated?

I washed the dishes and went upstairs to see her. She didn't look well when she was going upstairs. It's probably because of what I said. I knocked on the door and saw her sitting on a bed, crying. Of course she was crying. All she does is cry. Every single day.

"Wow. I'm not actually surprised that you're crying." She looked at me angrily.
"Go away."
"Do you really think it's hard only for you? I can't believe how spoiled you are. I also didn't want to have a measly human as my mate. I always wanted a strong vampiress on my side, but I accepted you. And here you are. Crying because I wanted to share a room with you, just because I thought about myself for once."

"You know what keep staying in this room. I will at least get away from your crying." I said and got out of her room slamming the door. She was looking at me ashamed while I was talking. And she should be. Like I also wanted her as my mate. I always comforted her when she was sad, but she always pushed me away. And I give up now.

I entered my room and went to check some exams from students. I'm glad to see that our students are doing well in their exams and of course there are some exceptions. I remember when I was going in high school. It was good experiance, but I never had friends because of the status I had. They never wanted to hang out with me, because they were scared of me.

After few hours, I took a shower and put on my shorts before going in the bed to rest. I laid on my side and closed my eyes. My back were stiff of all the sitting. I usually just rest like this in the afternoon.

Even if it was unnoticable, I still heard my door opening. She got closer and put her hand on my back.
"Why didn't you come down to eat?" She asked me softly.
"You can go out. I'm trying to have a rest." I brushed her off. I hope she won't start crying again.

"I'm sorry about before. I won't be a crybaby anymore." She said and put her hand under my cheek, turning my head to look at her. I was shocked when she kissed me. I grabbed her head and turned her around on the bed. If she wants a kiss, she will get one.