Part 2 - Chapter 6

Macy's POV

I, again, breathed America's air after a short week. It was actually pretty joyful  and I met a lot of other people who were very nice to me. It was quite amazing.

''And back to reality again.'' Pedro sighed next to me as we just got out of the plane.

''Yup, unfortunately yes.'' I tsked.

''It was nice to cooperate with you two. I'm looking forward to seeing you back at the company tomorrow. Till then, goodbye.'' Mr. Moore said and left with his suitcase. There was already a car waiting for him.

Since we didn't have a private car, Pedro called a cab which left me first at home after bidding goodbye to Pedro.

I approached the door of my house and unlocked it. I noticed my mother in the kitchen alone. My brother was obviously at the kindergarten and dad was in his morning shift.

''Mom, I'm back.'' I said. She brought her head up and smiled widely.

I was crushed in her bear hug in a milisecond.
''I missed you so much. We all did. You must tell me everything. Was everything okay? Were the people nice? Who did you meet?'' She started rambling and I had to cut her off or she would be talking non stop.

''I will tell you everything.'' I chuckled.

''Let me just put away my suitcase first.'' I said as she nodded. I went upstairs and put my luggage down. I kind of missed my room. A week away can make a huge difference.

I had to visit Jordan as a surprise. I told him that I'm coming today, but I didn't tell him the exact time. I had to catch up with my mom too as I couldn't call her due to different time zones.

I walked downstairs to meet my mom again. And smell of fresh cookies hit my nostrils. My stomach growled on cue and I chuckled.

''I feel hungry now. Are those chocolate chip cookies?'' I asked.
''Yup, only for you, baby. You worked hard and you deserve your favourite cookies.'' She smiled.

''It was tiring this week, but it was fun working with new people. Everyone was nice to me and I was really happy. They will release new collection photos in a week or so. My new boss was very satisfied how the project turned out.'' I explained to her.

''I'm so proud of you. I always told you that you have that natural beauty. I believe this won't be your only project if you get recognized. I don't want to push you into anything and when you feel like you can't do that anymore, you know what to do. I won't force you into anything as your mother.'' She smiled and kissed my forehead softly.

She is the best mom I could ever have. I always loved how she had that motherly tone and knew to tell me between right and wrong.

''I know, mom. I love you.'' I said and hugged her.

''I love you too.'' She whispered back.

''When are you going to visit your little boyfriend?'' She asked smugly.

''I will go today and surprise him. We called each other only few times this week and I missed him.'' I said, not being completely honest about missing him.

''Sure, he would be surprised. You can bring him these cookies too.'' She smiled softly as I nodded.

***

I finally unpacked and took a long shower. I dressed up quickly and put my hair up. I decided to go see Jordan now as it was afternoon and I assumed he would be home from school.

I slipped my shoes on and took my purse. I headed down the road towards his house. It was funny how we were living only three streets from each other. So I got there fast.

I don't know why I always had the habit to kick one rock I would find on the street without stopping, until I reached my destination. And I would get frustrated when it would land on the road where I couldn't get it back.

I lifted my head when I saw that Jordan's house was near. I furrowed my eyebrows at the unknown person coming out his house. It was all too quick for me to comprehand when he gave a kiss to a girl and got back inside the house.

Jordan was cheating on me? For how long these games have been going on without me knowing? I actually stopped liking him like before, but I never thought about cheating him.

I calmly walked to his house after that girl left with her car. I knocked few times and saw him open the door soon after. His eyes widened a bit in shock.

''Macy baby, you are back?'' He acted like he was excited. I brought my hand up and slapped him. He caught his cheek and looked at me bewildered.

''What was that?'' He asked.

''That was for wasting my time for being with someone pathetic like you. I would understand if you told me that you don't like me and then we could break up, but getting low to cheating on me is unacceptable. You're utterly disgusting.'' I spat.

''You wouldn't give it to me. I never understood your waiting until marriage.'' He said, making me more angrier than I was.

''That's why you will never find someone to love you truly. Goodbye, Jordan.'' I said and turned around.

I walked away feeling angry and hurt. I know I shouldn't feel hurt because of him, but we were together for a long period of time. And to know I wasted my time on him while I should have lived better than to be cheated.

I didn't want to go home so I decided to take a walk. It could help me clear my thoughts and think about the situation.

I never knew how I ended up at the beach. Our beach waan't as beautiful as the beach on Bora Bora, but I grew up here. And I loved it. Sand wasn't as white, but it was brown with more rocks. And the sea was still colder here to actually swim.

I sat down at the small bench and just enjoyed the view. I still couldn't believe I would get cheated on. How can a one person never be enough for someone? I always dreamed of having one true love with my future husband. It's actually weird that I never imagined Jordan as him.

''Macy?'' I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned around to see Mr. Moore looking a bit confused at me.

''Hello, Mr. Moore. What are you doing here?'' I asked.

''Just taking a stroll to clear my thoughts. You?''

''Same.'' I shrugged. He walked closer and sat down next to me. I felt a little bit flushed that he was so close to me. I could feel a major heat coming from him that made me cuddle into him. It was windy out there.

We sat in silence until I felt his eyes on me. I collected pieces of my bravery and looked at him back. I thought he would look away, but his eyes left me hypnotized. Subconciously and without second thoughts, I smashed my lips on his.

Then everything went black.

Don't forget to vote.