Chapter Twelve

Caleb

    I run toward Lynne’s viewing room. Excitement runs through me. She is waking up today. I end up at the viewing room finding everyone there. Trance pats my back when I show up. “So who are they allowing in?” Kailey asks. I decide to speak up. “They are allowing me in. I don’t know who else though.” Dare shakes his head. “I think you were the only one.” Dare says.

    Someone opens a door that leads into Lynne’s room. “Caleb Jostle. You may enter.” She says looking in my direction. I nod and slowly walk into the room. The woman closes the door behind her. “All I have to do is touch her?” I ask the woman. She nods. I move slowly to Lynne. She looks calm, peaceful. Why would I want to wake her up? I push the thought aside. I look at everyone in the mirror from over my shoulder. Everyone nods. I reaches for Lynne’s arm. I have done this before so why am I freaking out now? I graze my fingertips on Lynne’s arm. Her eyes open wide. She grabs my wrists. Her grip is too tight but I don’t care as long she is okay. her eyes search mine. She lets go of my wrist and sits up. She looks at everyone in the glass. “I...I am suppose to be dead.”Lynne says. her voice is scratching considering she just woke up and she hasn't talk in two days. Her eyes go glassy. She covers her eyes with her hands. She starts to sob. I place my hand on her shoulder and pull her toward me. She wraps her arms around me and cries into my shirt. I wrap both my arms around her. That is when everyone starts coming in.