Chapter Five

Caleb

    “What do you think you just did?” I ask John. I am not leaning against the wall, acting like I am fine. He shakes his head. “Warning her.” He looks at me. “Warning you guys.” He adds. “Are you crazy? You just added more stress to her! Now we don’t even know where she is at?” I am yelling now.

Kailey, Trance, Dare, and Karley open the door and march in. “What happened in here?” Kailey ask. “First I heard yelling, then I heard nothing but just plain talking. Next thing I know, I see Lynne running past me. One thing I know, when Lynne runs it's A. means that she is doing it for fun. And I am guessing that is not the case here. And B. She is angry and stressed out.” Kailey says crossing her arms. She is looking at me. “Don’t look at me. He is the one who just made her more stressed.” I say shrugging. She looks at John. “I should of known there was something wrong about him.” Karley says. John gets up, looking not relaxed anymore. “I was just warning her.” He says. His voice sounds scratchy and worned out. “Sure. Helping her is telling her that you like her and telling her that Erudite is planning on killing our families but is starting with her's.” I say while throwing my arms in the air. “So that’s what you did.” Trance says. “Of course that would make her stressful, you idiot.” Dare says. “That’s it. I thought you guys would at least forgive me or something! But I guess I was wrong! You guys are just like Erudite, rude and selfish!” he yells at us. “Yeah of course we would forgive you for trying to kill one of our friends, John.” Dare says sarcastically. John storms out of the room.

I leans against the wall. Karley and Kailey sit down on the bed next to each other. Trance leans against the other wall and Dare sits in the chair. “Where do you think Lynne would run off to?” Trance asks. I shrug. “Somewhere where it is stress free but there is no where that could be.” Karley says. The idea shocks me at first but I know where she would go. “To home.” I mumble. They all look at me like I am crazy. “Home is destroyed, Caleb. There is no other place.” Kailey says in quiet voice. I shake my head. “I mean to her original home. The one she grew up at. The one where she was always stress-free.” I say. I look down at the floor. Then I remember what John said, “They are bombing Amity first.” I look up with wide eyes. “We have to get her out of there.” I say quickly. I grab my jacket and my gun that is on the dresser. “Why?” Dare asks. “They are bombing each faction. Dauntless was just a practice round. They are heading toward Amity. They are killing our families first but her family for the start. She loves her family even though she left them. Now she is heading there to save them.” I say while heading toward the door. They all get up. “We also don’t know when they are bombing either.” Karley says.

    We quickly head downstairs. I look around for Amy. I find her laughing in a group of people. “I will be right back.” I tell them. I turn around and head toward her. I tap on her shoulder. She turns around and for the first time, she looks relaxed. “Oh. Hi Caleb.” She says. She smiles. “Listen. Lynne ran off and we are going to get her. We need someone to take charge and lead the group toward Candor. I want you to do it. We don’t know when we are going to be back. Just make sure everyone stays safe.” I say. Her smile is gone instantly. She looks like the woman I met that always took everything serious. Her eyebrows move in. She nods. I nod back and turn around to leave.

I open the door to where Trance, Dare, Kailey, and Karley are standing with their jackets on and they are holding their guns. “Lets go.” Trance says.